Problems with filter expression and date fields in Delphi 5

Hello all,

I have a problem with Delphi 5 and the Filter property of the table and
query components.
When I use the Filter expression 'Date >= 01.01.1900' for the Field Date in
a paradox table,
I get the error message: '.' is an incorrect character. But the same filter
expression works fine in Delphi 4.
Does anybody have an idea where the problem is?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you

seit...@uni-muenster.de

Re:Problems with filter expression and date fields in Delphi 5

You have to put dates between quotes, e.g.:

Filter := 'Date >= ''01.01.1900''';

(some databases want dates with # marks instead quotes)

"J?rg Seither" <seit...@uni-muenster.de> schreef in bericht

> Hello all,

> I have a problem with Delphi 5 and the Filter property of the table and
> query components.
> When I use the Filter expression 'Date >= 01.01.1900' for the Field Date
in
> a paradox table,
> I get the error message: '.' is an incorrect character. But the same
filter
> expression works fine in Delphi 4.
> Does anybody have an idea where the problem is?

> Any help on this would be appreciated.

> Thank you

> seit...@uni-muenster.de

Other Threads