'Record Changed by another User'

Hi All

Whenever my software is trying to update the value of some field (float
type) of some existing record in an MSSQL Table then the mesg.
'Record Changed by another User'
is coming. But for other records this mesg. is  not coming.

Through Provider(along with ClientDatset & AdoQuery) the records are being
getting updated.

Should I change the Property UpdateMode of TDatasProvider from upWhereAll
to upWhereKey?
If its so then why its not coming Always, since it is being used not in
Multiuser system?

*****Also making  UpdateMode to upWhereKey its aborting the process
silently.*****
Is any article available for fixing this problem?

TIA
Papiya

Re:'Record Changed by another User'

Hi All

Whenever my software is trying to update the value of some field (float
type) of some existing record in an MSSQL Table then the mesg.
'Record Changed by another User'
is coming. But for other records this mesg. is  not coming.

Through Provider(along with ClientDatset & AdoQuery) the records are being
getting updated.

Should I change the Property UpdateMode of TDatasProvider from upWhereAll
to upWhereKey?
If its so then why its not coming Always, since it is being used not in
Multiuser system?

*****Also making  UpdateMode to upWhereKey its aborting the process
silently.*****
Is any article available for fixing this problem?

TIA
Papiya

Re:'Record Changed by another User'

Hi, there,
Are you using DateTime fields ?

If so, Try and set the display and Edit format in your Delphi Datamodule
for the Date Time Fields. eg:
dd-mm-yyyy

I don't know why but this actually helps Delphi keep the same time as
MSSQL...

Regards,
Toke Herkild

Papiya Shome wrote:
> Hi All

> Whenever my software is trying to update the value of some field (float
> type) of some existing record in an MSSQL Table then the mesg.
> 'Record Changed by another User'
> is coming. But for other records this mesg. is  not coming.

> Through Provider(along with ClientDatset & AdoQuery) the records are being
> getting updated.

> Should I change the Property UpdateMode of TDatasProvider from upWhereAll
> to upWhereKey?
> If its so then why its not coming Always, since it is being used not in
> Multiuser system?

> *****Also making  UpdateMode to upWhereKey its aborting the process
> silently.*****
> Is any article available for fixing this problem?

> TIA
> Papiya

Re:'Record Changed by another User'

No there is no DateTime Field, No Trigger.
But Deleting the Set of components(ADOQuery,Provider,ClientDataset) &
redropping the problem was fixed. However still in dark about the reason of
such problem. Since its not coming always, suddenly comes for some record &
keep coming particulary for that record.

Regards
Papiya

"Toke Herkild" <t...@herkild.dk> wrote in message

> Hi, there,
> Are you using DateTime fields ?

> If so, Try and set the display and Edit format in your Delphi Datamodule
> for the Date Time Fields. eg:
> dd-mm-yyyy

> I don't know why but this actually helps Delphi keep the same time as
> MSSQL...

> Regards,
> Toke Herkild

> Papiya Shome wrote:
> > Hi All

> > Whenever my software is trying to update the value of some field (float
> > type) of some existing record in an MSSQL Table then the mesg.
> > 'Record Changed by another User'
> > is coming. But for other records this mesg. is  not coming.

> > Through Provider(along with ClientDatset & AdoQuery) the records are
being
> > getting updated.

> > Should I change the Property UpdateMode of TDatasProvider from
upWhereAll
> > to upWhereKey?
> > If its so then why its not coming Always, since it is being used not in
> > Multiuser system?

> > *****Also making  UpdateMode to upWhereKey its aborting the process
> > silently.*****
> > Is any article available for fixing this problem?

> > TIA
> > Papiya

Other Threads