EInOutError from Drive Combo/Directory List Box

I am writing my first program in delphi 2. Everything was going smoothly
until I ran into this problem. I would appreciate any help offered.

I am using a Drive Combo Box, Directory List Box and a File List Box
connected as described in the manual in order to select specific files.
My problem is that when the Drive box is set on the floppy drive and
then the floppy is removed, the program gives me an error if I try to
select another drive. eg. 'c' or 'd'. The error is EInOutError #21.
Although I don't know much about trapping errors, I could probably catch
it if it was in one of my procedures but it seems to be from the delphi
code that operates the boxes. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks for any help

Jeff Charette

Re:EInOutError from Drive Combo/Directory List Box

Jeff Charette wrote:

[snip]

> I am using a Drive Combo Box, Directory List Box and a File List Box
> connected as described in the manual in order to select specific files.
> My problem is that when the Drive box is set on the floppy drive and
> then the floppy is removed, the program gives me an error if I try to
> select another drive. eg. 'c' or 'd'. The error is EInOutError #21.

[snip]

Hi Jeff,

in Delphi 1 this problem is a known bug. Look at the Delphi Bug List for
a solution:

http://www.dataweb.nl/~r.p.sterkenburg/bugs1/vcl.htm

I'm not sure if this solution is also usefull for Delphi 2.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Robert Stephan

     mailto:cl...@ns.noell.de