basic BDS2006 SOAP/WSDL help needed

I downloaded an installed BDS2006 Arch. Trial, and got it to
run.  The help pages for creating a SOAP client say to go to
File | New | Other... Web Services and select the "WSDL Import"
icon.  However, there is *NO* such icon.  Just one for "SOAP
Server App".  I called Borland support they said to post a
support request, which I did.  Nobody got back to me before
they went home for the weekend.

I tried running WSDLImp.exe that's in the BIN directory.  It
doesn't work with the URLs I give it.

I've spend nearly 2 days trying to figure out one simple thing...

can EITHER D6 *OR* BDS2006 work with the Google AdWords API
using built-in stuff???

D6 imports the WSDL spec, but it leaves off a bunch of REQUIRED
FIELDS in the header.  I don't know if this is a problem with
the importer or just something that the user is supposed to
accomodate with a derived class.  If you look at the WSDL spec,
these fields are clearly present.

BDS2006 Trial is apparently missing some pieces in this respect,
and if the command-line tool isn't happy with something, it
simply spits out its usage list without any hint of what's
wrong.

Here's a WSDL spec for one of the Google AdWords API services
to try:

https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v4/CampaignService?wsdl

Maybe somebody can bring up BDS2006 and tell me if they can
get it to import this WSDL properly and examine the output
to see if the following fields are defined in the header:

email
clientEmail
password
useragent
token

etc.  (The above fields are required to be passed with each
service request, and they don't show up in any of the units
imported with D6.)

Thanks
-David
digloo2 (at) gmail (dot-com)

Re:basic BDS2006 SOAP/WSDL help needed

First thing uninstall D2006 and try to install it again.

Also download SOAP Scope if you are doing anything with Web Services.
It will save you a ton of time.

http://www.mindreef.com

You really need the importer.  If the install is still bad after another
try or two, then I will be more then happy to import the code and send
you the pas file by email.

--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager

http://www.bss-software.com
http://programmers.cpcug.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/chromeportal/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/uopl/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus

Re:basic BDS2006 SOAP/WSDL help needed

Thanks, Thomas

Ahhh, someone who knows something about SOAP services!

I removed BDS2006 from my system.  I dunno if I want to hassle with
reinstalling it again.

I did mess around with the WSDLImp.exe program for quite a while and
finally managed to get it to work after copying into my working
directory.  The examples given in the Help file do not work; some
"help", eh?

The .pas files generated by this version (V2.1) are way beyond what the
V1 code (included with D6) produces.  In particular, they depend on
some classes (eg., SOAPHTTPClient unit with TSOAPHeader in it, as well
as a InvRegistry.RegisterHeaderClass method) that are not in V1.  The
BDS2006 trial only includes the DCU files, not the source, so I can't
use them directly in D6 or dig into them at all.  But I've got a copy
of BDS2006 Pro on order that should arrive in a week or so.  (I suspect
I can use the SOAP sources from that with D6.)

One odd thing I found was that half of the files defined these header
fields:

type
   email           = WideString;

while half used this approach:

type
  email                = class;
. . . . . . . .
  //
//
  // Namespace : https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v4
  // Serializtn: [xoSimpleTypeWrapper]
  //
//
  clientEmail = class(TSOAPHeader)
  private
    FValue: WideString;
  published
    property Value: WideString read FValue write FValue;
  end;

I'll take SOAPscope for a test drive and see how it works.  I've got a
sniffer, but it cannot show me anything inside of an https packet,
obviously.  How does SOAPscope do it?

What is your preferred method of supporting SOAP services in Delphi
apps?  Do you find value working with a WSDL Importer?

It looks like ip*works doesn't have any kind of WSDL importer, so
you're left to manually constructing the needed packets.  Indy's SOAP
lib has an importer; I'm just getting ready to fiddle with it.  I'm not
sure of RemObjects yet.

Thanks
-David

Thomas Miller <tmil...@bss-software.com> wrote:
>First thing uninstall D2006 and try to install it again.

>Also download SOAP Scope if you are doing anything with Web Services.
>It will save you a ton of time.

>http://www.mindreef.com

>You really need the importer.  If the install is still bad after another
>try or two, then I will be more then happy to import the code and send
>you the pas file by email.

>DavidS wrote:
>> I downloaded an installed BDS2006 Arch. Trial, and got it to
>> run.  The help pages for creating a SOAP client say to go to
>> File | New | Other... Web Services and select the "WSDL Import"
>> icon.  However, there is *NO* such icon.  Just one for "SOAP
>> Server App".  I called Borland support they said to post a
>> support request, which I did.  Nobody got back to me before
>> they went home for the weekend.

>> I tried running WSDLImp.exe that's in the BIN directory.  It
>> doesn't work with the URLs I give it.

>> I've spend nearly 2 days trying to figure out one simple thing...

>> can EITHER D6 *OR* BDS2006 work with the Google AdWords API
>> using built-in stuff???

>> D6 imports the WSDL spec, but it leaves off a bunch of REQUIRED
>> FIELDS in the header.  I don't know if this is a problem with
>> the importer or just something that the user is supposed to
>> accomodate with a derived class.  If you look at the WSDL spec,
>> these fields are clearly present.

>> BDS2006 Trial is apparently missing some pieces in this respect,
>> and if the command-line tool isn't happy with something, it
>> simply spits out its usage list without any hint of what's
>> wrong.

>> Here's a WSDL spec for one of the Google AdWords API services
>> to try:

>> https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v4/CampaignService?wsdl

>> Maybe somebody can bring up BDS2006 and tell me if they can
>> get it to import this WSDL properly and examine the output
>> to see if the following fields are defined in the header:

>> email
>> clientEmail
>> password
>> useragent
>> token

>> etc.  (The above fields are required to be passed with each
>> service request, and they don't show up in any of the units
>> imported with D6.)

>> Thanks
>> -David
>> digloo2 (at) gmail (dot-com)

>--
>Thomas Miller
>Chrome Portal Project Manager
>CPCUG Programmers SIG Chairperson (formally Delphi)
>Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
>BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
>BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

>http://www.bss-software.com
>http://programmers.cpcug.org/
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/chromeportal/
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/uopl/
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus

Re:basic BDS2006 SOAP/WSDL help needed

RemObjects DOES have an importer, but it fails to get any of the SOAP Header fields, like email and token.

-David

DavidS wrote:
> I downloaded an installed BDS2006 Arch. Trial, and got it to
> run.  The help pages for creating a SOAP client say to go to
> File | New | Other... Web Services and select the "WSDL Import"
> icon.  However, there is NO such icon.

First:

File|New|VCL Forms Application

Then:

File|New|Other.. WebServices

I know, it's annoying. The problem doesn't exist in D7. I'll find/enter
a QC report for it.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

I wrote:
> I know, it's annoying. The problem doesn't exist in D7. I'll
> find/enter a QC report for it.

Actually, I think the generated code may be platform sensitive ie it
may be different for .NET projects as opposed to Win32, so it is
"project" sensitive, therefore a project needs to be loaded for it to
appear.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:basic BDS2006 SOAP/WSDL help needed

When I installed BDS (which I have since removed and not
yet reinstalled), I ONLY installed the Win32 Delphi part,
as the others are of no interest to me.  So there's no way
to create any other kind of project.... is there?

After I re-load BDS, I'll give this a try.  I did put in
an order for a copy of BDS 2006 Pro, although I'm not sure
when it will show up.

I sure wish SOMEBODY could at least tell me if this will
WORK before I start shelling out time and money for something
that may end up NOT working.  Maybe there aren't enough pieces
included in the Pro Edition to accomplish this.  I don't have
a clue.  This is *ALL* I need to do!

QUESTION: Is the WSDLImport facility included in the *Pro*
Edition, along with sources for the various SOAP classes?

DavidS wrote:
> QUESTION: Is the WSDLImport facility included in the Pro
> Edition, along with sources for the various SOAP classes?

For consuming webservices (ie client components), yes.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:basic BDS2006 SOAP/WSDL help needed

Ahhh, excellent!

Thank you!
-David

"Dave Nottage [TeamB]" <rot13.qni...@enqfbsg.pbz.nh> wrote:

>DavidS wrote:

>> QUESTION: Is the WSDLImport facility included in the Pro
>> Edition, along with sources for the various SOAP classes?

>For consuming webservices (ie client components), yes.

>--
>Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:basic BDS2006 SOAP/WSDL help needed

It also appears that you can create the server side too.

I am using PRO.

Dave Nottage [TeamB] wrote:
> DavidS wrote:

>> QUESTION: Is the WSDLImport facility included in the Pro
>> Edition, along with sources for the various SOAP classes?

> For consuming webservices (ie client components), yes.

--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager
CPCUG Programmers SIG Chairperson (formally Delphi)
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

http://www.bss-software.com
http://programmers.cpcug.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/chromeportal/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/uopl/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus

Re:basic BDS2006 SOAP/WSDL help needed

> Also download SOAP Scope if you are doing anything with Web Services.
> It will save you a ton of time.

Also try the free online WSDL test site at
http://www.mgateway.com/wsdlValidator.htm

Other Threads