SQL: Query string size limit?

Hello

When I try to execute a ~32k(or more) query in size,I get an exception
saying "BdeException..... 'Query string is too long' ". I tryed to execute
it by a putting the query into a SQL file or by executing the string, both
ways didnt work!

Is this a limitation in the BDE? If no, how do I make the limit disappear.

Thanks!

Re:SQL: Query string size limit?

> When I try to execute a ~32k(or more) query in size,I get an exception
> saying "BdeException..... 'Query string is too long' ". I tryed to execute
> it by a putting the query into a SQL file or by executing the string, both
> ways didnt work!

According to
this limit should be either 6 kb (for live query) or 64 kb.

Gert

Re:SQL: Query string size limit?

Thanks for the link, very appreciated :-)

I would just have execute the query in peices, then saving results to a temp
table for each query, then combining those results into one table to show
results.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks again.

"Gert Kello" <g...@gaiasoft.ee> wrote in message

> > When I try to execute a ~32k(or more) query in size,I get an exception
> > saying "BdeException..... 'Query string is too long' ". I tryed to
execute
> > it by a putting the query into a SQL file or by executing the string,
both
> > ways didnt work!

> According to
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15159,00.html
> this limit should be either 6 kb (for live query) or 64 kb.

> Gert

Re:SQL: Query string size limit?

Depending on the database you are using, you might be able to define a view.
Then query the view.  (Not all of the databases in use support views.)

Best Regards,
Eric W. Carman

"bcb" <noem...@sorry.com> wrote in message news:3ce820f3_1@dnews...
> Thanks for the link, very appreciated :-)

> I would just have execute the query in peices, then saving results to a
temp
> table for each query, then combining those results into one table to show
> results.

> Any other suggestions ?

> Thanks again.

> "Gert Kello" <g...@gaiasoft.ee> wrote in message
> > > When I try to execute a ~32k(or more) query in size,I get an exception
> > > saying "BdeException..... 'Query string is too long' ". I tryed to
> execute
> > > it by a putting the query into a SQL file or by executing the string,
> both
> > > ways didnt work!

> > According to
> > http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15159,00.html
> > this limit should be either 6 kb (for live query) or 64 kb.

> > Gert

Re:SQL: Query string size limit?

Hi,

I am just wondering if the 64kb limit is the same for a QBE query. In
other words is the QBE converted to SQL by the BDE first and therefore
the same limit would apply or does the QBE string itself have its own
limit.

Leslie.

Gert Kello <g...@gaiasoft.ee> wrote in message

> > When I try to execute a ~32k(or more) query in size,I get an
exception
> > saying "BdeException..... 'Query string is too long' ". I tryed to
execute
> > it by a putting the query into a SQL file or by executing the
string, both
> > ways didnt work!

> According to
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15159,00.html
> this limit should be either 6 kb (for live query) or 64 kb.

> Gert

Re:SQL: Query string size limit?

Hello,

Im using Paradox7 and DBase For Windows.  Can I do such a thing with those
databases?

Thanks.

"Eric W. Carman" <ewcar...@ecsoftwareconsulting.com> wrote in message

> Depending on the database you are using, you might be able to define a
view.
> Then query the view.  (Not all of the databases in use support views.)

> Best Regards,
> Eric W. Carman

> "bcb" <noem...@sorry.com> wrote in message news:3ce820f3_1@dnews...
> > Thanks for the link, very appreciated :-)

> > I would just have execute the query in peices, then saving results to a
> temp
> > table for each query, then combining those results into one table to
show
> > results.

> > Any other suggestions ?

> > Thanks again.

> > "Gert Kello" <g...@gaiasoft.ee> wrote in message
> > execute
> > both

> > > According to
> > > http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15159,00.html
> > > this limit should be either 6 kb (for live query) or 64 kb.

> > > Gert

Re:SQL: Query string size limit?

The QBE query processor is completely separate from the SQL query
processor in the 32 bit BDE. In the 16 bit BDE SQL queries are
converted to QBE and executed.

On Mon, 20 May 2002 13:49:08 +1000, "Leslie Milburn"

--
Bill (TeamB)

Bill Todd <b...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> The QBE query processor is completely separate from the SQL query
> processor in the 32 bit BDE. In the 16 bit BDE SQL queries are
> converted to QBE and executed.

> On Mon, 20 May 2002 13:49:08 +1000, "Leslie Milburn"
> <CD...@bigpond.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for this info. You wouldn't happen to know the QBE limit would
you ?

Leslie.

Re:SQL: Query string size limit?

Sorry but I do not.

On Tue, 21 May 2002 19:55:46 +1000, "Leslie Milburn"

--
Bill (TeamB)