How to translate Delphi messages to other languages?

To localize resource strings I have done the following:

1. Request the Detailed Map File to generate a .DCR file

2. Translate the strings in the .DCR file to my own language and save it
with a ASCII text editor

3. Compile and link the project and ...

    I still get the old string messages. Why?

Re:How to translate Delphi messages to other languages?

I have forgot to mention some other points.

I'm using Delphi C/S 3.01

To localize resource strings I have done the following:

1. Request the Detailed Map File to generate a .DCR file

2. Translate the strings in the .DCR file to my own language and save it
with a ASCII text editor

=>  I had also run BRCC32 MyProject.DRC

In article <6jq3h5$m...@forums.borland.com>, "Fernando Carvalho"

<f.carva...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
>I have forgot to mention some other points.

>I'm using Delphi C/S 3.01

>To localize resource strings I have done the following:

>1. Request the Detailed Map File to generate a .DCR file

>2. Translate the strings in the .DCR file to my own language and save it
>with a ASCII text editor

>=>  I had also run BRCC32 MyProject.DRC

>3. Compile and link the project and ...

>    I still get the old string messages. Why?

Hmm, should work. A few things are important:

U must ship the resource-dll with your .exe file. The extension of the
library must be the abbr. of the language, e.g. myproj.de for a german
localization library.

The localization-library project file looks like

library myproj;

{$E de} // specify the extension

{$R MyProj.res} // translated and compiled .drc file
{$R Form1.res} // translated and compiled form

end.

The VCL/RTL uses the system default language to determinate the
requested language. If you set your prefered language to German, the
RTL/VCL will look at startup if the library myproj.de exists and will
load /all/ resources from this library.

You might want to have a look at our localization tool helicon
Translator (http://www.helicon.co.at/translator3). This tool uses D3's
built-in localization technique, but automates most of the steps for
you, and keeps track on the translation you've made.

Andreas

--
helicon software development | helicon Translator for Delphi 3
                             | Localization tool for
heli...@helicon.co.at        | Inprise/Borland Delphi 3
http://www.helicon.co.at     | http://www.helicon.co.at/translator3

Other Threads