Using 16 bit DLL in Delphi 4

Help,,,,,,,

I have a 16 bit Visual Basic DLL which I need to use in a Delphi 4
programme. How can this be done. Do I have to use MS Thunk and if so
how....../ where does this come from, or would it be easier to convert the
DLL ( providing I can get the code)

Thanks

Re:Using 16 bit DLL in Delphi 4

In article <01bdbf0c$d90c0bc0$a45995c1@default-user>, Ian Reeves
(ianree...@dial.pipex.com) says...

> I have a 16 bit Visual Basic DLL which I need to use in a Delphi 4
> programme. How can this be done. Do I have to use MS Thunk and if so
> how....../ where does this come from, or would it be easier to convert the
> DLL ( providing I can get the code)

Yeah, you have to thunk. And it won't ever work on NT. If you can get the
code, life will be a _lot_ easier.

M.

--
Ettertraktet kaffe, er det ekstra god kaffe?
mailto:martin.lars...@delfidata.no.NOSPAM

Ian Reeves wrote in message <01bdbf0c$d90c0bc0$a45995c1@default-user>...
>Help,,,,,,,

>I have a 16 bit Visual Basic DLL which I need to use in a Delphi 4
>programme. How can this be done. Do I have to use MS Thunk and if so
>how....../ where does this come from, or would it be easier to convert the
>DLL ( providing I can get the code)

Check out http://www.itecuk.com/delmag/thunk95.htm
The site seems to be down right now though. If it isn't available later
email me and I'll send you the article.

        -- Kirk

Re:Using 16 bit DLL in Delphi 4

Ian,

You have to thunk... Note that doing this will make it incompatible
with Windows NT, though...

Your best bet is to rewrite the DLL. If you have to thunk, though,
go to http://developers.href.com/search and use 'Thunking' as a
search string. There are some good articles there.

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Ian Reeves wrote:

> Help,,,,,,,

> I have a 16 bit Visual Basic DLL which I need to use in a Delphi 4
> programme. How can this be done. Do I have to use MS Thunk and if so
> how....../ where does this come from, or would it be easier to convert the
> DLL ( providing I can get the code)

> Thanks

Other Threads