Creating COM objects within Threads

To Someone,

My creation of com objects is failing within a delphi thread. I don't get a
pointer back from
createoleobject().  What considerations go into using COM within a thread?

Thanks, Matt

Matt.s...@interpaynet.com

Re:Creating COM objects within Threads

Hmm, I got it.
CoInitializeEx();

I don't see under delphi a CoUninitialize();
Does anybody know the reason for this?

<x> wrote in message news:393fb14e_1@athena.netset.com...
> To Someone,

> My creation of com objects is failing within a delphi thread. I don't get
> pointer back from
> createoleobject().  What considerations go into using COM within a thread?

> Thanks, Matt

> Matt.s...@interpaynet.com

Re:Creating COM objects within Threads

It's there.  I believe it's in the ActiveX unit.

"Matt Sabo" <matt.s...@interpaynet.com> wrote in message

> Hmm, I got it.
> CoInitializeEx();

> I don't see under delphi a CoUninitialize();
> Does anybody know the reason for this?

> <x> wrote in message news:393fb14e_1@athena.netset.com...
> > To Someone,

> > My creation of com objects is failing within a delphi thread. I don't
get
> > pointer back from
> > createoleobject().  What considerations go into using COM within a
thread?

> > Thanks, Matt

> > Matt.s...@interpaynet.com

Re:Creating COM objects within Threads

Thanks champ, There's a bunch of good stuff++ in that unit. Unfortunatly for
me, Delphi Help has no references to any of these methods.

"BlueGI" <giwachowNOS...@bcw-usaNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> It's there.  I believe it's in the ActiveX unit.

> "Matt Sabo" <matt.s...@interpaynet.com> wrote in message
> > Hmm, I got it.
> > CoInitializeEx();

> > I don't see under delphi a CoUninitialize();
> > Does anybody know the reason for this?

> > <x> wrote in message news:393fb14e_1@athena.netset.com...
> > > To Someone,

> > > My creation of com objects is failing within a delphi thread. I don't
> get
> > > pointer back from
> > > createoleobject().  What considerations go into using COM within a
> thread?

> > > Thanks, Matt

> > > Matt.s...@interpaynet.com

Other Threads