URGENT: Decimal separator blues.....

Hi,

SysUtils.DecimalSeparator works with underlaying TDataset but not with
TDBEdit.

When I reassign the SysUtils.DecimalSeparator character this works nicely
with the datasets and in display fields, but when I try to type a floating
point value using the current SysUtils.DecimalSeparator character into a
TDBEdit component (which of course is assigned to a floating point field),
it ONLY accepts the Window's locale decimal separator character, regardless
of what I have assigned as SysUtils.DecimalSeparator value..

This is a pain, as the dataset validates according to the
SysUtils.DecimalSeparator and TDBEdit does not....

How can I get TDBEdit to accept the current SysUtils.DecimalSeparator...?
(Or which TDBEdit property must be assigned the decimal character value...?)

Thanks for any hint on this.

Regards

Tor

Re:URGENT: Decimal separator blues.....

From BDE Administrator, change your initial configuration. I hope this helps.

Hakan Demirbilek wrote in message <36345981.B234B...@gsdas.com>...
>From BDE Administrator, change your initial configuration. I hope this

helps.

Well, thanks for the hint, bu I need to do this in Code (programmatically).

Regards

Tor

>Tor Tveitane wrote:

>> Hi,

>> SysUtils.DecimalSeparator works with underlaying TDataset but not with
>> TDBEdit.

>> When I reassign the SysUtils.DecimalSeparator character this works nicely
>> with the datasets and in display fields, but when I try to type a
floating
>> point value using the current SysUtils.DecimalSeparator character into a
>> TDBEdit component (which of course is assigned to a floating point
field),
>> it ONLY accepts the Window's locale decimal separator character,
regardless
>> of what I have assigned as SysUtils.DecimalSeparator value..

>> This is a pain, as the dataset validates according to the
>> SysUtils.DecimalSeparator and TDBEdit does not....

>> How can I get TDBEdit to accept the current SysUtils.DecimalSeparator...?
>> (Or which TDBEdit property must be assigned the decimal character
value...?)

>> Thanks for any hint on this.

>> Regards

>> Tor