DbiRegenIndexes problem

I use a BDE function DbiRegenIndexes to reindex my paradox tables. My
application on start reported index out of date. I have a small service
application which can reindex all tables (using DbiRegenIndexes). After I
reindexed my tables my application reports still index out of date.

What was happend? I deleted and created again that wrong secondary index
using Database Desktop and it works again OK.

Thanx

Peter

Re:DbiRegenIndexes problem

Peter,

Instead of calling dbiRegenIndexes(), try TTable.DeleteIndex(<indextagname>),
TTable.AddIndex('<tagname'><'Key expr'>, [<options>]) combinations. I found
that to be much more reliable, especially if secondary index files were
missing or deleted.

Darren

Peter Jasek wrote:
> I use a BDE function DbiRegenIndexes to reindex my paradox tables. My
> application on start reported index out of date. I have a small service
> application which can reindex all tables (using DbiRegenIndexes). After I
> reindexed my tables my application reports still index out of date.

> What was happend? I deleted and created again that wrong secondary index
> using Database Desktop and it works again OK.

> Thanx

> Peter

Re:DbiRegenIndexes problem

Well, but does it work when the problem is with the primary index ?

Darren J Forcier wrote:
> Peter,

> Instead of calling dbiRegenIndexes(), try TTable.DeleteIndex(<indextagname>),
> TTable.AddIndex('<tagname'><'Key expr'>, [<options>]) combinations. I found
> that to be much more reliable, especially if secondary index files were
> missing or deleted.

> Darren

> Peter Jasek wrote:

> > I use a BDE function DbiRegenIndexes to reindex my paradox tables. My
> > application on start reported index out of date. I have a small service
> > application which can reindex all tables (using DbiRegenIndexes). After I
> > reindexed my tables my application reports still index out of date.

> > What was happend? I deleted and created again that wrong secondary index
> > using Database Desktop and it works again OK.

> > Thanx

> > Peter

  fmbraga.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:DbiRegenIndexes problem

  Are you closing your tables before the application is closed? --  This is 90%
of the problem....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

In article <36347172.A8B1A...@world.std.com>, Darren J Forcier
<d...@world.std.com> writes

>Peter,

>Instead of calling dbiRegenIndexes(), try TTable.DeleteIndex(<indextagname>),
>TTable.AddIndex('<tagname'><'Key expr'>, [<options>]) combinations. I found
>that to be much more reliable, especially if secondary index files were
>missing or deleted.

>Darren

The limitation of this method is that you cannot delete the primary
index in a Paradox table using DeleteIndex.

--
Pete Clark

Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the
things I cannot, and a shitload of money.

Replies to pete at elmsoft demon co uk

Other Threads