AI

Can annyone tell me i can get AI pascal programs with source code?
Thanks for any help.

Re:AI

Ali wrote:

> Can annyone tell me i can get AI pascal programs with source code?

There are surely people who contradict me but ... :-)

Pascal is not the proper language for AI. It is made as a procedural
language, based on stringent rules and yielding a syntax for
perfect description of algorithms.

AI is a matter of languages like Prolog and Lisp.

From Borland there is (was) a special product available: Turbo Prolog.
It is not a simple interpreter as usual, but a true compiler. And it
allows connection to Pascal programs.

:-)
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/           mailto:meg-gla...@eunet.at
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/

Re:AI

Ali wrote:

"Can annyone tell me i can get AI pascal programs with source
code?"

"There are surely people who contradict me but ... :-)"

Oh, yes, and here it comes!

"Pascal is not the proper language for AI. It is made as a
procedural language, based on stringent rules and yielding a
syntax for perfect description of algorithms.

AI is a matter of languages like Prolog and Lisp."

I would think that (as with other programming matters) the tool
selected should fit the job.  Some A.I. jobs are procedural and
there is no reason not to use Pascal for them.  Of course, a big
part of this comes down to what you want to call "A.I.".
Procedural languages like Pascal and C have been very
successfully used for writing things like machine learning
systems (like ID3) and neural networks.  I build intelligent
systems for a living and when I have to program A.I. stuff (not
interface stuff), I mostly use MATLAB and Pascal.

--
Will Dwinnell

Other Threads