Comparing two field values by showing as bars

Hello,
I want to show the content of two fields in the same record, as a red and a
green bar.
This has to be done in a  little panel 3 x 4 cm on the screen.
I'm using Delphi 3 pro, and have tried the Active X components, but they
don't behave the way I want.
Also tried TChart, but it seems like a big overkill for the task.

Is there a very simple component somewhere for small tasks like this?

If I can cut Tchart down to a simple look (2D, 2 bars,y axis max value 60),
where do I put the two fields content?
I will use  the forms onActivate event for the code.

Thanks in advance.

--
:)
Kai Inge

Re:Comparing two field values by showing as bars

"Ellinor Jensen" <elli...@online.no> skrev i en meddelelse

> Hello,
> I want to show the content of two fields in the same record, as a red and
> green bar.
> This has to be done in a  little panel 3 x 4 cm on the screen.

You could use 2 TShape and calculate the length of them yourself.

Finn Tolderlund

Re:Comparing two field values by showing as bars

Hi,

Can you use a Gauge  or Progress Bar. You could then assign the field
values to the respective progress value. You would also need to set a
maximum/minimum value for the progress bar.

Just a thought.

Robbie...

"Ellinor Jensen" <elli...@online.no> wrote:
>Hello,
>I want to show the content of two fields in the same record, as a red and a
>green bar.
>This has to be done in a  little panel 3 x 4 cm on the screen.
>I'm using Delphi 3 pro, and have tried the Active X components, but they
>don't behave the way I want.
>Also tried TChart, but it seems like a big overkill for the task.

>Is there a very simple component somewhere for small tasks like this?

>If I can cut Tchart down to a simple look (2D, 2 bars,y axis max value 60),
>where do I put the two fields content?
>I will use  the forms onActivate event for the code.

>Thanks in advance.

Re:Comparing two field values by showing as bars

Thanks for all answers.
Both the Shape and Gauge will do the job.

Thanks again.

:)
Kai Inge

Robbie <lucidtech.RemoveT...@ozemail.com.au> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:38cc0c8c.1294...@news.ozemail.com.au...

> Hi,

> Can you use a Gauge  or Progress Bar. You could then assign the field
> values to the respective progress value. You would also need to set a
> maximum/minimum value for the progress bar.

> Just a thought.

> Robbie...

> "Ellinor Jensen" <elli...@online.no> wrote:

> >Hello,
> >I want to show the content of two fields in the same record, as a red and
> >green bar.
> >This has to be done in a  little panel 3 x 4 cm on the screen.
> >I'm using Delphi 3 pro, and have tried the Active X components, but they
> >don't behave the way I want.
> >Also tried TChart, but it seems like a big overkill for the task.

> >Is there a very simple component somewhere for small tasks like this?

> >If I can cut Tchart down to a simple look (2D, 2 bars,y axis max value
60),
> >where do I put the two fields content?
> >I will use  the forms onActivate event for the code.

> >Thanks in advance.

Other Threads