Putting the BDE Config file on a Network Drive

Hello,

    does anyone out there know how to put the BDE config file on a network
drive.  I want to be able to install a users workstation with BDE - but
then have them point to a network drive for the BDE config file (all the
alias').  This would allow me to force all my users to use the same BDE
configuration and make changes to the config file very simple.  I would
have my developers and some others use their own local copies as they are
always changing them.

   Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

Bradley MacDonald
Vancouver, Canada

GBMAC...@BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA

Re:Putting the BDE Config file on a Network Drive

G. Bradley MacDonald wrote:

> Hello,

>     does anyone out there know how to put the BDE config file on a network
> drive.  I want to be able to install a users workstation with BDE - but
> then have them point to a network drive for the BDE config file (all the
> alias').  This would allow me to force all my users to use the same BDE
> configuration and make changes to the config file very simple.  I would
> have my developers and some others use their own local copies as they are
> always changing them.

>    Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

If I understand your question all you need to do is use BDE config to
create an
IDAPI.CFG file and then direct each users workstation to refer to this
file somewhere
on your network.  Do this by specifying the location in each w/s WIN.INI
file in the
IDAPI section that looks like this:
[IDAPI]
DLLPATH=D:\DELPHI\IDAPI
CONFIGFILE01=D:\DELPHI\IDAPI\IDAPI.CFG

Change the CONFIGFILE01 to refer to the network location
Hope that helps

Other Threads