Board index » delphi » Paradox Size limits

Paradox Size limits

Can anyone confirm an article I read that out of the box, Paradox files can
only be a maximum of 131Mb in size?  If this is so, it goes on to say that
each table/file has to be recreated after changing the block size in the
BDE.  Again please confirm.

Regards

Alex

 

Re:Paradox Size limits


Quote
A Vasitch wrote:

> Can anyone confirm an article I read that out of the box, Paradox files can
> only be a maximum of 131Mb in size?  If this is so, it goes on to say that
> each table/file has to be recreated after changing the block size in the

Actually the defualt block size of 4k allows db to be up to 256mb.  Yes
you have to change the block size to go larger.  Take a look at:

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/paradox/bdeutil.html

For a utility to help you.  It worked for me.

Jeff Clarke

Re:Paradox Size limits


Quote
>Can anyone confirm an article I read that out of the box, Paradox files can
>only be a maximum of 131Mb in size?  If this is so, it goes on to say that
>each table/file has to be recreated after changing the block size in the
>BDE.  Again please confirm.

128 meg (using a 1024K per meg) is the maximum table size for a table
using 2K blocks.  Paradox tables can have block sizes up to 32K which
will give you a 2gig max table size.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Paradox Size limits


Quote
>I need to alter my blob table so it can store more than 128 Mb.  Other than
>changing the block size to 16k (for 1 gig storage) for that table, is there
>any other changes i need to make to my other tables or to my code to enable
>this?  Are there any adverse effects from the change?

In Paradox tables Blob fields are stored in the .md file.  The max
size of this file is not dependent on block size of the .db table.
You do not have to do anything.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Paradox Size limits


Thanks Brian

So what is the maximum size for a BLOB table then?

Bill

Quote

> In Paradox tables Blob fields are stored in the .md file.  The max
> size of this file is not dependent on block size of the .db table.
> You do not have to do anything.

Re:Paradox Size limits


Quote

>So what is the maximum size for a BLOB table then?

The maximum size for a blob file is 2 gig

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads