Info about TStringList.Delete

Michael Ahlers <M.Ahl...@gmx.de> wrote in message

news:89hllt$kah6@bornews.borland.com...

> What happens when I do  MyStringList.Delete(3); ??

> will MyStringList[3] be empty or will the former MyStringList[4] be
> MyStringList[3] and so on ??

Try it out.

--
Azret

Re:Info about TStringList.Delete

What happends when i do  MyStringList.Delete(3); ??

will MyStringList[3] be empty or will the former MyStringList[4] be
MyStringList[3] and so on ??

Thanks

Re:Info about TStringList.Delete

Azret <az...@ibm.remove.net> wrote
> Michael Ahlers <M.Ahl...@gmx.de> wrote
> > What happens when I do  MyStringList.Delete(3); ??

> > will MyStringList[3] be empty or will the former MyStringList[4] be
> > MyStringList[3] and so on ??

> Try it out.

I just want to congratulate you on this answer, Azret.

There's nothing like trying something out yourself and discovering what
happens..  :-)

Re:Info about TStringList.Delete

IMPORTANT POINT TO BE MADE :)Sorry, just had to jump in here. Absolutely
CLASSIC!!! Always SEE what the REAL results are before asking. Because as a
matter of fact just because a function/method is documented to do ONE
THING, sometimes they actually DO ANOTHER :) These are call bugs, or better
yet, UN-DOCUMENTED FEATURES!!!! So, by testing for yourself, you can find
all the gotchas before releasing a product to the public. So, TRUST that
the docs are correct and then test to make sure, but DO NOT TAKE FOR
GRANTED that the docs are gospel.

Davie
2cents deposited

Dave wrote:
> Azret <az...@ibm.remove.net> wrote
> > Michael Ahlers <M.Ahl...@gmx.de> wrote
> > > What happens when I do  MyStringList.Delete(3); ??

> > > will MyStringList[3] be empty or will the former MyStringList[4] be
> > > MyStringList[3] and so on ??

> > Try it out.

> I just want to congratulate you on this answer, Azret.

> There's nothing like trying something out yourself and discovering what
> happens..  :-)

Other Threads