URGENT: Error: Unable to complete network request to host

Hello all!
I'm getting this error and I can't understand why. I have a computer named
mickey who has an IB Database, running IB6.0.2.
If I try to connect from PC1 to Mickey I get the error below

Unable to complete network request to host "Mickey".
Failed to establish a connection.
unknown Win32 error 10060

But If I try from PC2, it works fine! Also, if I place the DB on PC1 and try
to access from mickey, it works fine! The problem is from PC1 to other pc's.
The strange thing, is that this only started to happen recently.
The main problem, is that this exact problem has happened on a customer. I
only detected, because the customer reported the problem.
But from others PC's to Mickey, works fine, the problem is PC1.
I can access the Mickey computer with no problems, using Windows Explorer.
The only problem is on interbase. I tried registering the Server on
IBConsole and I got the error above.
Any tips?
I doubt that the error is on the server, because I can access from PC2 to
mickey(the server).
Thanks

Goncalo Martins

Re:URGENT: Error: Unable to complete network request to host

See if you can ping mickey from the command line.  It is
possible your PC1 is not resolving the name to na ip address.

"Gon?alo Martins" <gmart...@netcabo.pt> wrote:
>Hello all!
>I'm getting this error and I can't understand why. I have a computer named
>mickey who has an IB Database, running IB6.0.2.
>If I try to connect from PC1 to Mickey I get the error below

>Unable to complete network request to host "Mickey".
>Failed to establish a connection.
>unknown Win32 error 10060

Re:URGENT: Error: Unable to complete network request to host

This error is from ur OS....

Gon?alo Martins wrote:
> Hello all!
> I'm getting this error and I can't understand why. I have a computer named
> mickey who has an IB Database, running IB6.0.2.
> If I try to connect from PC1 to Mickey I get the error below

> Unable to complete network request to host "Mickey".
> Failed to establish a connection.
> unknown Win32 error 10060

This error code means 'connection timed out', not really helpfull.
Something messed up with the network,
what if you try to specify Mikey's addres rather than name?
You could also try the IBConsole diagnose Connection form.

Regards
Kris

Other Threads