killing a MS SQL process

Hi,

I want to kill a MS SQL process but I do know how, do you have a way to
do it,
I want to kill cause some time my App get cycled and dont finish the
execution of a
stored procedure.

Thanks in advance

Roberto Martinez

Re:killing a MS SQL process

Take a look at the Kill command in books online, you need to know the spid
of your process before you can kill it.

-Euan

"Roberto Martinez" <rmart...@hmo.megared.net.mx> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I want to kill a MS SQL process but I do know how, do you have a way to
> do it,
> I want to kill cause some time my App get cycled and dont finish the
> execution of a
> stored procedure.

> Thanks in advance

> Roberto Martinez

Re:killing a MS SQL process

i think its hard to do that thing if you we're using the software itself of
an sql cause the control is on the server.  unless you have a customed
server then it would do.

cheers!
alexis

"Roberto Martinez" <rmart...@hmo.megared.net.mx> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I want to kill a MS SQL process but I do know how, do you have a way to
> do it,
> I want to kill cause some time my App get cycled and dont finish the
> execution of a
> stored procedure.

> Thanks in advance

> Roberto Martinez

Re:killing a MS SQL process

Yeah, Ithink it is hard but how can I abort an operation, when I execute an
stored procedure sometimes
it get cycled.

Thanks in advance

Roberto Martinez

Euan Garden wrote:
> Take a look at the Kill command in books online, you need to know the spid
> of your process before you can kill it.

> -Euan

> "Roberto Martinez" <rmart...@hmo.megared.net.mx> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I want to kill a MS SQL process but I do know how, do you have a way to
> > do it,
> > I want to kill cause some time my App get cycled and dont finish the
> > execution of a
> > stored procedure.

> > Thanks in advance

> > Roberto Martinez