Access violation at address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of addresss 00000018

Folks,

I do have applied MS SQL 2000 SP3 to protect it from the latest "worm"
virus. And my application which uses ADO to connect to database started
generate the following error:

Access violation at address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of
addresss 00000018

By futher investigation I've found that if I have MDAC 2.70.9001.0 it works
fine and if I have MDAC 2.70.9030.0. which is the SP3 sets automatically it
DOES NOT!

Does anyone knows how to avoid this problem?

--
181312882
Thanks and regrads,

Re:Access violation at address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of addresss 00000018

No, this is not the case. This TADOStoredProc returns result - select). It
did and do work fine for MDAC 2.70.9001.0, but after installation of SQL
Server SP3 which brings MDAC update it generates "Access violation at
address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of addresss 00000018".
I'm sure it's somewhere in Borland ADO wrapper has to be changes something
again (as it was in 2.5), I believe. Anyone?

"Eric Svensson" <garbo_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi!

> I've seen problems with different versions of MDAC (especially 2.7), like:
> if you create a TADOStoredProc (or TADOQuery), sets the parameters and
then
> execute a sp that DO NOT leave a result set (update, insert, et.c), and
then
> clear the paramters and use the same SP to open a sp that DO leave a
result
> set (select et.c). If you do this you will get an access violation in some
> versions of 2.7. Not in earlier version, like 2.6. This also happens if
you
> change locktype et.c.
> Freeing the TADOStoredProc and re-create it would solve the problem.
> Could it be something like this?

> /Eric

> "Serge Shimanovsky" <serge.shimanov...@multex.com> wrote in message
> > Folks,

> > I do have applied MS SQL 2000 SP3 to protect it from the latest "worm"
> > virus. And my application which uses ADO to connect to database started
> > generate the following error:

> > Access violation at address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of
> > addresss 00000018

> > By futher investigation I've found that if I have MDAC 2.70.9001.0 it
> works
> > fine and if I have MDAC 2.70.9030.0. which is the SP3 sets automatically
> it
> > DOES NOT!

> > Does anyone knows how to avoid this problem?

> > --
> > 181312882
> > Thanks and regrads,
> >       Serge

Re:Access violation at address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of addresss 00000018

Yes. I do run it on the same computer as SQL server. It fails for MDAC
version 2.71.9030.X, but works for MDAC 2.70.9001.0. I can not use ODBC
OLEDB provider, just SQL Server OLEDB one

> What version of Delphi/ADOexpress/DBExpress et.c?
> Are you running your application on the same machine as the SQL server? If
> you test your application on another machine, with an older MDAC (but
> connect to the same "updated" SQL sever), you don't get the access
> violation, or?
> If you test "Provider=MSDASQL" instead of "SQLOLEDB", do you get the same
> access violation?

> /Eric

> "Serge Shimanovsky" <serge.shimanov...@multex.com> wrote in message
> > No, this is not the case. This TADOStoredProc returns result - select).
It
> > did and do work fine for MDAC 2.70.9001.0, but after installation of SQL
> > Server SP3 which brings MDAC update it generates "Access violation at
> > address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of addresss 00000018".
> > I'm sure it's somewhere in Borland ADO wrapper has to be changes
something
> > again (as it was in 2.5), I believe. Anyone?

Re:Access violation at address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of addresss 00000018

Hi,
Did you come up with a solution to this issue? Is there
any good way to back-out the MDAC update?
Thanks,
Rob
"Serge Shimanovsky" <serge.shimanov...@multex.com> wrote in message <news:3e417f37$1@newsgroups.borland.com>...
> Yes. I do run it on the same computer as SQL server. It fails for MDAC
> version 2.71.9030.X, but works for MDAC 2.70.9001.0. I can not use ODBC
> OLEDB provider, just SQL Server OLEDB one

> "Eric Svensson" <garbo_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > What version of Delphi/ADOexpress/DBExpress et.c?
> > Are you running your application on the same machine as the SQL server? If
> > you test your application on another machine, with an older MDAC (but
> > connect to the same "updated" SQL sever), you don't get the access
> > violation, or?
> > If you test "Provider=MSDASQL" instead of "SQLOLEDB", do you get the same
> > access violation?

> > /Eric

> > "Serge Shimanovsky" <serge.shimanov...@multex.com> wrote in message
> > > No, this is not the case. This TADOStoredProc returns result - select).
>  It
> > > did and do work fine for MDAC 2.70.9001.0, but after installation of SQL
> > > Server SP3 which brings MDAC update it generates "Access violation at
> > > address 753C9E12 in module 'sqloledb.dll' Read of addresss 00000018".
> > > I'm sure it's somewhere in Borland ADO wrapper has to be changes
>  something
> > > again (as it was in 2.5), I believe. Anyone?

Other Threads