Question about Delphi&Oracle7

Hi all!

Could you help me please?!
How can I define field with INTEGER type in Oracle?
It doesn't have INTEGER but has NUMBER!
But when I create static field in Delphi it convert NUMBER to TFloatField
type!  I want  TIntegerField! How can I solve this problem?
Of course I can create VARCHAR2 field but this  is so slow and ORDER BY
works not like with numbers!

Thanks
Please send your answer to mas...@goplay.com

Re:Question about Delphi&Oracle7

In article <01bcc7bf$31d73680$457ec...@zserg.bellatlantic.net>,
g...@hotmail.com says...

>Hi all!

>Could you help me please?!
>How can I define field with INTEGER type in Oracle?
>It doesn't have INTEGER but has NUMBER!
>But when I create static field in Delphi it convert NUMBER to TFloatField
>type!  I want  TIntegerField! How can I solve this problem?
>Of course I can create VARCHAR2 field but this  is so slow and ORDER BY
>works not like with numbers!

>Thanks
>Please send your answer to mas...@goplay.com

After to create the FloatField you can us the ROUND function to convert to an
integer.

Giga wrote:

> Hi all!

> Could you help me please?!
> How can I define field with INTEGER type in Oracle?
> It doesn't have INTEGER but has NUMBER!
> But when I create static field in Delphi it convert NUMBER to TFloatField
> type!  I want  TIntegerField! How can I solve this problem?
> Of course I can create VARCHAR2 field but this  is so slow and ORDER BY
> works not like with numbers!

> Thanks
> Please send your answer to mas...@goplay.com

Use the number (x,0) x being the number of digits the number will have.

Other Threads