Memo field in SQL statement in TQuery causes program to crash

Hi. I was trying a SQL statement with a memo field in the select clause.
That caused to any program running this sql to crash. Delphi, the
program itself, database desktop... I have the BDE 4.51 installed, I
have the dbclient.dll update... what could be wrong? Can Memo fields be
included in a sql statement with Paradox local tables??

TIA
--
Jose Sebastian Battig

Important:

Please, when replying to me delete the "STOPSPAM-"
part of the "reply to" e-mail address.

Por favor cuando me contestes usando "reply" borra
la parte de la direccion que dice "STOPSPAM-".

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Memo field in SQL statement in TQuery causes program to crash

Paradox memo fields should work.  Try doing a select * from the sample
BIOLIFE.DB table and see what happens.  What is the exact text of the error
message you are getting?

--
Bill

Re:Memo field in SQL statement in TQuery causes program to crash

Well, really isn't an exception. It's the Windows error message when an
App causes an error, and then the app is finished. I don't used *
because I selected the exactly fields I needed. The select was using
three tables, and the memo field was in only one.

--
Jose Sebastian Battig

Important:

Please, when replying to me delete the "STOPSPAM-"
part of the "reply to" e-mail address.

Por favor cuando me contestes usando "reply" borra
la parte de la direccion que dice "STOPSPAM-".

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Other Threads