Paradox table overflow

Hello !
I've to create a database ( table )  for a Library with about one
million records
( 999.095 records ) with record length = 130 bytes and
primary key length = 69 chars ( no secundary indexes ) .
The program reads a file ( .txt ) and write in the paradox table.
Unfortunatelly when the program runs about 600.000 records it stops
with a message like : "table full"
Does anyone can help me ?
Thanks in advance.
Joao

Re:Paradox table overflow

>The program reads a file ( .txt ) and write in the paradox table.
>Unfortunatelly when the program runs about 600.000 records it stops
>with a message like : "table full"

Table full means that table has reached its maximum size for the block size the
table uses.   Block size of a table can be 1,2,4,8,16 or 32K with each 1K of
block size giving you 64meg of table size.   The block sized used for a table is
the default in affect when you create it. Default block size is set in the BDE
config.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Paradox table overflow

I'll change my BDE config params  and  run it again.
Thank you very much Brian
 Joao
Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:
> >The program reads a file ( .txt ) and write in the paradox table.
> >Unfortunatelly when the program runs about 600.000 records it stops
> >with a message like : "table full"

> Table full means that table has reached its maximum size for the block size the
> table uses.   Block size of a table can be 1,2,4,8,16 or 32K with each 1K of
> block size giving you 64meg of table size.   The block sized used for a table is
> the default in affect when you create it. Default block size is set in the BDE
> config.

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Paradox table overflow

I did it  ( set Block size to 32k )  and it worked fine !
Thank you very much Brian !
Joao
Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:
> >The program reads a file ( .txt ) and write in the paradox table.
> >Unfortunatelly when the program runs about 600.000 records it stops
> >with a message like : "table full"

> Table full means that table has reached its maximum size for the block size the
> table uses.   Block size of a table can be 1,2,4,8,16 or 32K with each 1K of
> block size giving you 64meg of table size.   The block sized used for a table is
> the default in affect when you create it. Default block size is set in the BDE
> config.

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com