Table records copied inadvertantly to another table

I am using Delphi 4, BDE 5.01, Paradox tables.

The application I am running inserts information into a table record when
first accessing the record, then, when accessing the record again, changes
the access method to Edit.  However, a situation occurs when accessing one
table in my database then accessing a different table within the same
database.   When accessing the second database, records from the first
database are being inserted into the second database even though there is no
explicit Insert command being executed.  I think it may have something to do
with the buffer not being cleared after the first database has been set to
Inactive, but I have not been able to find a method that will clear the
buffer.  I am using the VCL controls TTable, TDataSource and TDatabase to
access the database and I am using several with <database.table> do commands
to refer to fields within the table.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Dan Smith
DSm...@bma.com