The Borland Database Engine

Hi, all
um, I know that you have to have the BDE on your computer in order use
you home-made Delphi Database programs.
Question: how do you install the BDE on someone else's computer (e.g. an
install program)

Thanks
Stijn
Pub02...@innet.be

Re:The Borland Database Engine

Stijn wrote:

> Hi, all
> um, I know that you have to have the BDE on your computer in order use
> you home-made Delphi Database programs.
> Question: how do you install the BDE on someone else's computer (e.g. an

Use the InstalShield wich comes with Delphi,
It will put all BDE related files with your app files on floppies so you
can install everything on another computer.

Hope this will help you

degreef david wrote:

> Stijn wrote:

> > Hi, all
> > um, I know that you have to have the BDE on your computer in order use
> > you home-made Delphi Database programs.
> > Question: how do you install the BDE on someone else's computer (e.g. an

> Use the InstalShield wich comes with Delphi,
> It will put all BDE related files with your app files on floppies so you
> can install everything on another computer.

Where do I have to search for this instalshield?

Ive been looking for it, but I didnt find.

Thank you for helping a blind man

Ren

Re:The Borland Database Engine

In article <320626AB.7...@huba.zsw.uni-ulm.de>,

Rene Groiss <r...@huba.zsw.uni-ulm.de> wrote:
>degreef david wrote:
>> Stijn wrote:
>> > Hi, all
>> > um, I know that you have to have the BDE on your computer in order use
>> > you home-made Delphi Database programs.
>> > Question: how do you install the BDE on someone else's computer (e.g. an
>> Use the InstalShield wich comes with Delphi,
>> It will put all BDE related files with your app files on floppies so you
>> can install everything on another computer.

>Where do I have to search for this instalshield?
>Ive been looking for it, but I didnt find.
>Thank you for helping a blind man

Well, the truth is, that InstallShield is only packaged with Delphi 2.0,
not Delphi 1.0. Which version are you using?

--
CUL8R dude!                       \|/
                                  @ @

Re:The Borland Database Engine

I think Install Shield Lite only comes with the Developer and C/S versions
of Delphi.

Rene Groiss wrote:

> Where do I have to search for this instalshield?
> Ive been looking for it, but I didnt find.
> Thank you for helping a blind man

> Ren

  IT's on your Delphi CD...

Jason