'Query is too complex..' error

Hello,

D5, Access97 db through ODBC, tDatabase, tquery.  I'm not sure what I did
but suddenly I started to get the error message  whenever I attempt to Post.
It used to work very well..  The only thing I can think of is that I
imported some real data, but since then I've blown it away and have a nearly
empty data table.

The entire message is:
..raised exception class EDBEngineError with message 'Key violation. [ odbc
driver stuff ] Query is too complex...

What the heck is this trying to tell me?  I've removed the  PK and index
from the table being updated but still it remains.  Is there perhaps a max
number of fields that can be handled by a tquery?  the table has about 110
fields..

Anyway, any ideas or help would be very appreciated...
Andy

Re:'Query is too complex..' error

On Fri, 10 May 2002 14:03:30 GMT, "Andy"

<cudaconsulting.no.junk.m...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>What the heck is this trying to tell me?  I've removed the  PK and index
>from the table being updated but still it remains.  Is there perhaps a max
>number of fields that can be handled by a tquery?  the table has about 110
>fields..

Too many fields.

See:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q192716

Describes the problem and the workarounds.

Other Threads