Repaint Problems

All,

   I have an app that plays AVI's using TMedia Player. If I don't assign a
value to .Display, Windows creates its own window for the video. This window
must override the repaint message, because even with the video stopped or
paused, if another window overlaps it, it doesn't repaint. I am trying to
achieve the same effect when I use a TPanel for the .Display property. I
assume I must override the paint procedure on the panel. Am I on the right
track ? Does anyone have an idea of how to do this ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Harley