Information how to sell shareware

Hello

I'm finishing up my first shareware product (written with Delphi). But
I don't have any idea where to put it and how to handel the money
transfers.

Could anyone guide me to right direction

Thankyou already

Regards
  Janne

Re:Information how to sell shareware

>Hello

>I'm finishing up my first shareware product (written with Delphi). But
>I don't have any idea where to put it and how to handel the money
>transfers.

>Could anyone guide me to right direction

>Thankyou already

>Regards
>  Janne

Well, it depends on what kind of program it is and how much you expect to
get for it.  If it's a simple utility, you might just provide an address for
them to send it to.  If it is something really complex that a lot of people
will use, you may consider copyrighting it.

You can do a sort of informal copyright by printing out the source and
sticking it in an envelope and mailing it to someone and tell them NOT to
open it except in court.  This way you get an official date stamp of a
sealed envelope incase someone decides to change the address to their or
something in the file so they would get credit.

Re:Information how to sell shareware

In article <37a06102.9575...@news.dlc.fi>

janne.timmerbackaREMOVET...@iki.fi (Janne Timmerbacka) wrote:
> I'm finishing up my first shareware product (written with Delphi). But
> I don't have any idea where to put it and how to handel the money
> transfers.

Put a copy on Simtel.Net, and another one one Winsite.com.
They have enough mirrors to ensure that your file gets round
the world in a few days.

As for handling money, there are many companies that
will handle registrations for you. One of them is Regsite.com
(I think).

Best regards, The Chief
--------------
Dr A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
Author of Chief's Installer Pro v5.12 for Win32
    ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/install/chief512.zip
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
WWW: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/

Re:Information how to sell shareware

Janne Timmerbacka a crit dans le message <37a06102.9575...@news.dlc.fi>...

>Hello

>I'm finishing up my first shareware product (written with Delphi). But
>I don't have any idea where to put it and how to handel the money
>transfers.

>Could anyone guide me to right direction

>Thankyou already

>Regards
>  Janne

Try Download.com and choose Submit a file.
This should be a good starting point.

Regards,
aPons

Re:Information how to sell shareware

Thank you for your answers :)

Now I know where to put my files. But still, how should I handel the
money transfers. How the user pays, where to,...

Regards Janne

Re:Information how to sell shareware

Hello

If you use a service like ShareIt (http://www.shareit.com) they charge a
service fee of 3 USD for each item sold and 4% of the price. They will
transfer the money to your bank accont montly. I have used the service for
some while without any problems. All you have to do is to go to the site and
sign up as an author.

Regards,

Lars Arvidsson

In article <skjo3.8986$ip4.14...@nntpserver.swip.net>, "Lars Arvidsson" <lars.arvidssont@mailbox(remove this).swipnet.se> wrote:

>Hello

>If you use a service like ShareIt (http://www.shareit.com) they charge a
>service fee of 3 USD for each item sold and 4% of the price. They will

Does anyone know of a Canadian site like this??

Thanks

Marc Pelletier

Data Donkey - Geophysical Data Processing, Consulting and Software Development
               Creator of the POWER TOOLBOX utilities for OASIS montaj
contact: m...@datadonkey.com  tel (306) 931-6853 or www.datadonkey.com

Re:Information how to sell shareware

Hello

Sites like these are international, you can perfectly well use any of these
in any country you live (the only thing you have to provde is your bank
account, and your banks SWIFT address). If you want more options, go to a
site like Torry's (http://www.torry.ru), take a look at the components
pages, and you can see what other authors uses for services to handle there
payments.

Regards,

Lars Arvidsson

Marc Pelletier skrev i meddelandet <7nsk01$10...@missing.its.to>...

>In article <skjo3.8986$ip4.14...@nntpserver.swip.net>, "Lars Arvidsson"
<lars.arvidssont@mailbox(remove this).swipnet.se> wrote:
>>Hello

>>If you use a service like ShareIt (http://www.shareit.com) they charge a
>>service fee of 3 USD for each item sold and 4% of the price. They will

>Does anyone know of a Canadian site like this??

>Thanks

>Marc Pelletier

-----
>Data Donkey - Geophysical Data Processing, Consulting and Software
Development
>               Creator of the POWER TOOLBOX utilities for OASIS montaj
>contact: m...@datadonkey.com  tel (306) 931-6853 or www.datadonkey.com

Re:Information how to sell shareware

Try www.soft-shop.com aka Atlantic coast.
They have several charing options.
I went for a basic one, which cost $29 one off setup fee. I charge $15
for my program, and after their cut I still get $12.50
Which is pretty good from what I can see.

They can handle European taxes, and even send me the cheque made out
to UK pounds when I asked for it.

Hope they are of use,

Dodgy.

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:27:56 GMT, janne.timmerbackaREMOVET...@iki.fi
(Janne Timmerbacka) waffled on about something:

>Thank you for your answers :)

>Now I know where to put my files. But still, how should I handel the
>money transfers. How the user pays, where to,...

>Regards Janne

Other Threads