Ctrl+Break error while running prog from BP7 DOS window

When I run BP7 in a DOS window under Win95, and I compile & run the program,
and I press Ctrl+Break while the program is running, I always get a Win95
Illegal Instruction error and have to shut down the DOS session and restart.

Anyone know why this happens, and more importantly, what I can do to fix
this?

-Dan
--
NOTE: When replying to my e-mail address, replace the obvious with apollorx.

Re:Ctrl+Break error while running prog from BP7 DOS window

Dan Thomas wrote:

> When I run BP7 in a DOS window under Win95, and I compile & run the program,
> and I press Ctrl+Break while the program is running, I always get a Win95
> Illegal Instruction error and have to shut down the DOS session and restart.

Could it be possible, you use change some interrupt vectors or install
any services there, you are deleting _at the end_ of the prog? Then,
Ctrl+Break will leave this vectors as they are, they will still point to
your code which is not existing anymore.

If this is the case, you should put the deinitialisation of your vectors
(btw all important deinitialisations like closing files etc.) in an
exit-proc (look in the help for EXITPROC!)

Arno Fehm

Arno Fehm wrote in message <37047FC3.4D167...@bigfoot.de>...
>Could it be possible, you use change some interrupt vectors or install
>any services there, you are deleting _at the end_ of the prog? Then,
>Ctrl+Break will leave this vectors as they are, they will still point to
>your code which is not existing anymore.

I wish it were that simple <g>. I just create a simple program:

program test;
begin
  while true do;
end.

When I run this and hit Ctrl+Break, I get the error. So I doubt it's vector
related <g>. Any other ideas?

-Dan
--
NOTE: When replying to my e-mail address, replace the obvious with apollorx.

Other Threads