Internet Explorer 6.0 problem, problems and more problems.

Hello!,

I made an application with Delphi 5 under W2k to copy files like an
Installer Utility.
I use the SHFileOperation API function to do this.
I tested under W2K with Internet Explorer 5.0 and it WORKS FINE.

Then I tested with Internet Explorer 6.0 installed and the files are copied
but the function return FALSE. I get the following error "Win32 Error Code
5. Access Denied".

For example trying to copy the following:

FROM D:\*.txt TO C:\TXT\

I repeat it only fails on Windows 2000 with Internet Explorer 6.0.
I uninstall IE6 and this works fine.

Thanks a lot.

Re:Internet Explorer 6.0 problem, problems and more problems.

Lets see your code.

"David H. Luna" <dl...@discar.com> wrote in message news:3c162132_1@dnews...

> Hello!,

> I made an application with Delphi 5 under W2k to copy files like an
> Installer Utility.
> I use the SHFileOperation API function to do this.
> I tested under W2K with Internet Explorer 5.0 and it WORKS FINE.

> Then I tested with Internet Explorer 6.0 installed and the files are
copied
> but the function return FALSE. I get the following error "Win32 Error Code
> 5. Access Denied".

> For example trying to copy the following:

> FROM D:\*.txt TO C:\TXT\

> I repeat it only fails on Windows 2000 with Internet Explorer 6.0.
> I uninstall IE6 and this works fine.

> Thanks a lot.

Re:Internet Explorer 6.0 problem, problems and more problems.

I can't pass the code because it is from Systools package . But I tried with
the following code and fails too:

  if not Windows.CopyFile(pchar(edit1.text), pchar(edit2.text), FALSE) then
  begin
    memo1.lines.add('can't copy file.');
    RaiseLastWin32Error;
  end
  else
    memo1.lines.add('file copied')
end;

I'm sure my code is OK. Something else is wrong.

Thanks.

> > Hello!,

> > I made an application with Delphi 5 under W2k to copy files like an
> > Installer Utility.
> > I use the SHFileOperation API function to do this.
> > I tested under W2K with Internet Explorer 5.0 and it WORKS FINE.

> > Then I tested with Internet Explorer 6.0 installed and the files are
> copied
> > but the function return FALSE. I get the following error "Win32 Error
Code
> > 5. Access Denied".

> > For example trying to copy the following:

> > FROM D:\*.txt TO C:\TXT\

> > I repeat it only fails on Windows 2000 with Internet Explorer 6.0.
> > I uninstall IE6 and this works fine.

> > Thanks a lot.

Other Threads