Delphi 6.0 installation problem

I'm trying to install Delphi 6.0 Professional on Windows 98 (English
version, Polish locale). The problem is that after launching and registering
(via the Internet) the program I get the message that it can't load many
packages (the first is 'dclstd60.bpl'). I tried install/uninstall procedure
many times, cleaning registry manually ( D6RegClean is for Windows NT or
higher only) and changing the type of installation, but the result is always
similar. I noticed that at the end of the installation a DOS window is shown
for a moment displaying text of the form 'Error creating xxx' where I don't
know what 'xxx' is.

Any help will be appreciated.

Grzegorz Zakrzewski

P.S. First of all I uninstalled D4 Prof.

Re:Delphi 6.0 installation problem

There is at least one step that has to be done, and is done
usually unadvertedly which is :
after installing, and before any package installation,
you must go out from Delphi and back again.
In fact, better is to reboot.
This way, the registry is set correctly, and packages find what they look
for.

Another direction could be localized name of "standard directories names"
as "\Progam Files" ?
--
Henry

G. Zakrzewski wrote message <3bc84315_1@dnews>...

>I'm trying to install Delphi 6.0 Professional on Windows 98 (English
>version, Polish locale). The problem is that after launching and
registering
>(via the Internet) the program I get the message that it can't load many
>packages (the first is 'dclstd60.bpl'). I tried install/uninstall procedure
>many times, cleaning registry manually ( D6RegClean is for Windows NT or
>higher only) and changing the type of installation, but the result is
always
>similar. I noticed that at the end of the installation a DOS window is
shown
>for a moment displaying text of the form 'Error creating xxx' where I don't
>know what 'xxx' is.

>Any help will be appreciated.

>Grzegorz Zakrzewski

>P.S. First of all I uninstalled D4 Prof.

Re:Delphi 6.0 installation problem

I did reboot the system after every installation so it's not the case. The
paths of problematic .bpl's (all of them are belong to Known Packeges in the
registry) are the same as those mentioned in the error messages. I checked
the install.log file and dicovered that there were some errors during
instalation. One of them was 2835. Does anyone know what it means? And what
is that mysterious DOS window at the end of the process I wrote in the

Thanks Henry

Grzegorz

"G. Zakrzewski" wrote:
> I checked the install.log file and dicovered that there were some errors
> during
> instalation. One of them was 2835. Does anyone know what it means?

Error 2835 is a Windows Installer error with the message "The control was not
found on dialog".  I have never seen this error before during installation.
Make sure that before you begin your installation that you have shut down all
other processes running in the background.  In particular, make sure you do not
have a virus protection software running.  If that fails, one other thing you
might try is installing under safe mode.

Regards,
Angel

Re:Delphi 6.0 installation problem

On thing you could do also is run RegClean.exe in order to have a clean
registry.
This utility is avalaible free for download on www.microsoft.com
--
Henry

G. Zakrzewski wrote <3bc8a849_1@dnews>...

>I did reboot the system after every installation so it's not the case. The
>paths of problematic .bpl's (all of them are belong to Known Packeges in
the
>registry) are the same as those mentioned in the error messages. I checked
>the install.log file and dicovered that there were some errors during
>instalation. One of them was 2835. Does anyone know what it means? And what
>is that mysterious DOS window at the end of the process I wrote in the

>Thanks Henry

>Grzegorz

Re:Delphi 6.0 installation problem

Safe mode helped!

Thanks a lot

Grzegorz

"Angel Martinez" <amarti...@borland.com> wrote in message

> "G. Zakrzewski" wrote:

> > I checked the install.log file and dicovered that there were some errors
> > during
> > instalation. One of them was 2835. Does anyone know what it means?

> Error 2835 is a Windows Installer error with the message "The control was
not
> found on dialog".  I have never seen this error before during
installation.
> Make sure that before you begin your installation that you have shut down
all
> other processes running in the background.  In particular, make sure you
do not
> have a virus protection software running.  If that fails, one other thing
you
> might try is installing under safe mode.

> Regards,
> Angel

Other Threads