Printing in Draf Mode?

Is there any way of printing a simple text in Draf? Mode.
Sending Characters to printer not Bitmaps and not TT fonts printed in
draft quality
just like printing from? DOS.

I'm using Delphi 3, client/server.

Re:Printing in Draf Mode?

Hi Spyros,
Try this

with Printer do
 begin
  BeginDoc;
  Canvas.Font.Name:='Roman 10cpi'; {you can use other font here eg.
Roman 17cpi}
  Canvas.TextOut(0,1,'String1');
  Canvas.TextOut(0,2,'String2');
  Canvas.TextOut(0,3,'String3');
  Canvas.TextOut(0,3,' ');
  EndDoc;
 end;

HTH
-------------------------------
Paul Lambadaris
Singular Computer Applications
mailto : p...@singular.gr
www    : http://www.singular.gr

Re:Printing in Draf Mode?

?

Paul Lambadaris wrote:
> Hi Spyros,
> Try this

> with Printer do
> ?begin
> ? BeginDoc;
> ? Canvas.Font.Name:='Roman 10cpi'; {you can use other font here eg.
> Roman 17cpi}
> ? Canvas.TextOut(0,1,'String1');
> ? Canvas.TextOut(0,2,'String2');
> ? Canvas.TextOut(0,3,'String3');
> ? Canvas.TextOut(0,3,' ');
> ? EndDoc;
> ?end;

> HTH
> -------------------------------
> Paul Lambadaris
> Singular Computer Applications
> mailto : p...@singular.gr
> www??? : http://www.singular.gr

Hi Paul,
Sorry to bother you in you personal e-mail.

? Sending strings that way to my printer they are printed as bitmaps,
the way always
windows prints (Please tell me if? I'm wrong or there are settings on
printers that prevent windows doing that on specific printers).
?My question is if I can print directly to printer and make him print
characters just like the way DOS does when printing from eg. Dos
Editor.?
?I have to do that because I have to print a lot of? multipart snap-out
in dot matrix printers draft mode
and that supposed to be fast.

Thanks

Zstores - SDL
Spyros Nikolopoulos
zsto...@otenet.gr
?

Re:Printing in Draf Mode?

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:49:31 +0200, Spyros Nikolopoulos

<zsto...@otenet.gr> wrote:
>Is there any way of printing a simple text in Draf? Mode.
>Sending Characters to printer not Bitmaps and not TT fonts printed in
>draft quality
>just like printing from? DOS.

>I'm using Delphi 3, client/server.

The way I've been doing this is: create a textfile and send it
directly to the printer queue using SpoolFile. You must take into
account any possible differncies between ANSI char table and the char
table of your printer.
If this info is not enough, fell free to contact me.

Emil

Re:Printing in Draf Mode?

>Is there any way of printing a simple text in Draf Mode.

Our HTMLReport 2.0 ( released yesterday ) does that.
Check it out at http://www.balticsolutions.com

Gintaras Pikelis
Baltic Solutions
http://www.balticsolutions.com

Re:Printing in Draf Mode?

Emil,

What / where is the SpoolFile function you mention?

Jascha

Re:Printing in Draf Mode?

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:02:50 GMT, 100112.2...@compuserve.com (Jascha

Gordon) wrote:
>Emil,

>What / where is the SpoolFile function you mention?

>Jascha

Well, I used to find it in the Delphi 1 help, but I can't find it in
Delphi 4 help. As long as I remember, it's a WinAPI function.

 if that doesn't help, please let me know

Emil

Other Threads