Help! My Paradox table is full

Please help, I'm in deep brown stuff. I have written a bunch of
utilities in D1 to help with Year 2000 analysis at an AS/400 site. This
has been working fine & we are well into it, up until today when the
main search/extract program popped up "Table full".

The Paradox 5.0 table is on a local Win 3.1 hard drive. Its  around
134MB and I guess 400,000 records.

Does anybody know the actual limit? I can't find anything in the Delphi
documentation.

many thanks in anticipation
Russell Catchpole

Re:Help! My Paradox table is full

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:35:05 +0000, Russell Catchpole

<cat...@globalnet.co.uk> wrote:
>Please help, I'm in deep brown stuff. I have written a bunch of
>utilities in D1 to help with Year 2000 analysis at an AS/400 site. This
>has been working fine & we are well into it, up until today when the
>main search/extract program popped up "Table full".

>The Paradox 5.0 table is on a local Win 3.1 hard drive. Its  around
>134MB and I guess 400,000 records.

>Does anybody know the actual limit? I can't find anything in the Delphi
>documentation.

The limit is a function of record size and table block size.  You need
to increase the block size using TUtility (or something similar),
available from Borland's web site for each BDE version.  The last
large Paradox table we worked with had 362 byte records, and approx
1/2 million recs, so we went for block size of 16 for greater future
proofing.

Thomas
-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
Thomas Coles                             tho...@kbs.co.uk
Software Engineer                   http://www.kbs.co.uk/
Kudos Business Systems, Salcombe, UK

Re:Help! My Paradox table is full

Paradox tables are limited to 64k blocks. The default block size is 2k which
makes the maximum size 128 mb. You need to increase the block size in the
BDE configuration program to 4, 8, 16, or 32k.  Then either:

1) Create a new table and move the data to it using DBD or BatchMove or
2) Find the utility on Borland's Web site that does this for you. I believe
it is at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeutils.

--
Bill

Re:Help! My Paradox table is full

Thanks very much guys, that's incredible service!

I can;t tell you how pleased I am that I will be able to continue with
local Paradox, it is SO fast!

Russell

Other Threads