book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

I have been waiting for this book since I discovered the title early last year.

I questioned the publisher Wordware and I was told the book has been cancelled.

I am extremely dissapointed to hear the book has been cancelled, could someone please let me know if they no more.

Is there an possible alternative in the pipeline?

Thank you for your time.

Regards
Paul Hectors

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

I just cancelled my order for that book yesterday.  Amazon's estimated ship
date was the 17th, and they had no further information.  I've had my order
in for a couple of months, and was tired of waiting.  I'll re-order when
it's available.

Eric

In article <3c4dbd17$1_2@dnews>, paul.hect...@clear.net.nz wrote...

> I have been waiting for this book since I discovered the title early last year.

> I questioned the publisher Wordware and I was told the book has been cancelled.

Has it?  I have had it on pre-order for months, and was getting
impatient.

I was looking forward to reading it.

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

Hi J,
       before christmas there was a thread about Dunit testing. You showed
how you split GUI from how it was controlled(an mvc type pattern), and said
you would try to put an example together. If this is still possible could
you please post it to attachments.

thanks David

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

I was going to post the same question yesterday. I've had it on preorder
since the end of September. That really sucks if the book has been canceled.

DD

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

Dan Downs wrote
> I was going to post the same question yesterday. I've had it on preorder
> since the end of September. That really sucks if the book has been

canceled.

Wordware informed me today that this book "has been cancelled because the
author does not have the time to write it...  We are again, very sorry."

Bummer.
Andy.

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

In article <3c4e6130_2@dnews>, david.fishe...@libertysurf.co.uk wrote...

>        before christmas there was a thread about Dunit testing. You showed
> how you split GUI from how it was controlled(an mvc type pattern), and said
> you would try to put an example together. If this is still possible could
> you please post it to attachments.

So I did, slapped wrists.  I must be getting old, as I am forgetting
things from less than a month ago!

I shall try to knock something up at the weekend.  I am tattooing the
inside of my eyelids to remind me.

"J Hall" <j...@hall.com> wrote in message

> In article <3c4e6130_2@dnews>, david.fishe...@libertysurf.co.uk wrote...

> Hi,

> >        before christmas there was a thread about Dunit testing. You
showed
> > how you split GUI from how it was controlled(an mvc type pattern), and
said
> > you would try to put an example together. If this is still possible
could
> > you please post it to attachments.

> So I did, slapped wrists.  I must be getting old, as I am forgetting
> things from less than a month ago!

thanks.

> I shall try to knock something up at the weekend.  I am tattooing the
> inside of my eyelids to remind me.

No need for such extreme measures!

David

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

If it has truly been cancelled I wonder if it would be possible to get the drafts?

Marc

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

Perhaps you shoud see the movie "Memento" before doing anything, er,
permanent like...

In article <3c4dbd17$1_2@dnews>, paul.hect...@clear.net.nz says...

> I have been waiting for this book since I discovered the title early last year.

> I questioned the publisher Wordware and I was told the book has been cancelled.

> I am extremely dissapointed to hear the book has been cancelled,
> could someone please let me know if they no more.

> Is there an possible alternative in the pipeline?

> Thank you for your time.

> Regards
> Paul Hectors

We need something at least along the lines of Mark Grand's "Patterns in
Java" for it to be useful.

Was that Xavier's upcoming book?  I don't think he was far enough into
patterns to be able to write one well-enough yet.  I don't know if anyone
else attended the seminar at BorCon last year, but he seemed to spend an
inordinate amount of time on a non-robust version of the Singleton
pattern :)

Doing a seminar on patterns at BorCon 2003 is one idea I've been bandying
about for a while.  Seminars are too short to spend time on interesting
patterns like Active Object, though :)

I was actually quite surprised when I looked into the Call For Papers for
BorCon 2002 that they require you to write *and* present *two* papers.
That was a little much at the time with the shortened schedule due to an
earlier BorCon this upcoming year :)

-- Ritchie Annand

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

> I was actually quite surprised when I looked into the Call For Papers for
> BorCon 2002 that they require you to write *and* present *two* papers.

It's normal, though, AFAIK. It's also possible to have papers approved
just for the CD, that you don't have to present, and if you're really
keen, there are the pre-conference tutorials :-)

> That was a little much at the time with the shortened schedule due to an
> earlier BorCon this upcoming year :)

Which is why I'm up so late :-)

Cheers,
Jim Cooper

Jim Cooper      jcoo...@tabdee.ltd.uk
Tabdee Ltd      http://www.tabdee.ltd.uk

TurboSync - Writing Palm conduits with Delphi

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

"J Hall" <j...@hall.com> wrote in message
> >        before christmas there was a thread about Dunit testing. You
showed
> > how you split GUI from how it was controlled(an mvc type pattern), and
said
> > you would try to put an example together. If this is still possible
could
> > you please post it to attachments.
> I shall try to knock something up at the weekend.  I am tattooing the
> inside of my eyelids to remind me.

Did you place it somewhere in the Attachments? I would be interested in this
example.

Thanks,

Michael

Re:book "Applying Design Patterns in Delphi and Kylix "

"J Hall" <j...@hall.com> wrote in message
> >        before christmas there was a thread about Dunit testing. You
showed
> > how you split GUI from how it was controlled(an mvc type pattern), and
said
> > you would try to put an example together. If this is still possible
could
> > you please post it to attachments.
> I shall try to knock something up at the weekend.  I am tattooing the
> inside of my eyelids to remind me.

Did you place it somewhere in the Attachments? I would be interested in this
example.

Thanks,

Michael

Go to page: [1] [2]