UPDATE on Oracle "hangs"

Hi there,

I tried a real simple thing: putting an Update-Statement

  ('UPDATE CP_TEST_01 SET WERT = WERT*2 WHERE NAME = ''dritter Name''')

by query.sql.add into my query. query.execsql does nothing but
the application "hangs". I tried the statement in SQL*Plus and
it worked quickly and fine.. so what's the matter? Any idea?
query.sql.text looks ok...

Re:UPDATE on Oracle "hangs"

Try running it from a SQL Plus window and see what happens.  You're probably
running into a lock as someone else may be trying to update another row.
You could also be running out of rollback space, and should check that to be
sure.

Eric

"Carsten" <Carsten.Piet...@muehl.de> wrote in message

> Hi there,

> I tried a real simple thing: putting an Update-Statement

>   ('UPDATE CP_TEST_01 SET WERT = WERT*2 WHERE NAME = ''dritter Name''')

> by query.sql.add into my query. query.execsql does nothing but
> the application "hangs". I tried the statement in SQL*Plus and
> it worked quickly and fine.. so what's the matter? Any idea?
> query.sql.text looks ok...

Other Threads