Update of Ole Object Field in MS Access DataBase

I need to be able to update a OLE Object Field in MS Access , I have tried
several times and have actually updated the field but when back in MS Access
the data is corrupted. I am trying to update the object with a bitmap. Any
help would be appreciated, Thanks,

Andrew Elphick

Re:Update of Ole Object Field in MS Access DataBase

>I need to be able to update a OLE Object Field in MS Access , I have tried
>several times and have actually updated the field but when back in MS Access
>the data is corrupted. I am trying to update the object with a bitmap. Any
>help would be appreciated,

It appears corrupt in Access because Access stores information about the OLE
server to use with the blob data.
http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa030601a.htm

There are a couple of components for deailing with Access OLE fields

http://www.gm-software.de/proddbctrl.htm
http://www.opus.ch/OpenSource/DBOLE/Default.htm
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Brian Bushay TeamB <BBus...@Nmpls.com> wrote:

>>I need to be able to update a OLE Object Field in MS Access , I have tried
>>several times and have actually updated the field but when back in MS Access
>>the data is corrupted. I am trying to update the object with a bitmap. Any
>>help would be appreciated,

>It appears corrupt in Access because Access stores information about the OLE
>server to use with the blob data.
>http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa030601a.htm

>There are a couple of components for deailing with Access OLE fields

>http://www.gm-software.de/proddbctrl.htm
>http://www.opus.ch/OpenSource/DBOLE/Default.htm
>--
>Brian Bushay (TeamB)
>Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Thanks for the advice , I shall be checking out the DBOLE
component.

Other Threads