Help With Command "PORT"

I'm looking for info. on the "port" predefined array which allows you to
directly read and write to certain memory locations using this array.
More specifically, I'm looking for a way to write characters to the
printer port directly using the port command. Please respond with help
or advice. Thanks in advance.
                                        -Sid

Re:Help With Command "PORT"

In a previous article, e...@veresmith.com (Ed Carter) says:

>ews.fast.net!stdio!echoes.wittenberg.edu!callisto.cns.muskingum.edu!oucsboss!news

>I'm looking for info. on the "port" predefined array which allows you to
>directly read and write to certain memory locations using this array.
>More specifically, I'm looking for a way to write characters to the
>printer port directly using the port command. Please respond with help
>or advice. Thanks in advance.
>                                    -Sid

Quite simple, really.

Use PORT[$378+4]:={bit value} to send write characters to the port (you
need the bit-pin values for this), and {bit var}:=PORT[$378+5] (or some
variation) to read the port.

--
Mike Shepherd (aka:  the Sheepster)
If you're ever in trouble on the water, the first thing you'll

Other Threads