Is NT 4.0 compatible with Interbase 4.0?

Hi.

Has anyone experienced incompatibilities between these two?

TIA.

Nuno Leal

----
email: nl...@mail.telepac.pt

Re:Is NT 4.0 compatible with Interbase 4.0?

Hi :)

I work on NT 4 and use IB 4.2. No problems. Very good caracteristics. On
our network works like local.

Shalom,

--
Mladen Kuzminski
BORLAND Distribution

KONTO d.o.o. Ured Varazdin
Croatia, Europe
borl...@konto.hr
phone ++385 42 231-994
www.konto.hr

Nuno Leal <nl...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in article
<343f15f6.2835...@news2.telepac.pt>...

In <343f15f6.2835...@news2.telepac.pt> nl...@mail.telepac.pt (Nuno Leal) writes:

>Hi.

>Has anyone experienced incompatibilities between these two?

>TIA.

>Nuno Leal

>----
>email: nl...@mail.telepac.pt

Nope. Nothing. Used NT4.0/ServicePack2&3 combined with IB 4.1/4.2 for about
one year now.

Regards

 - LHJ

Re:Is NT 4.0 compatible with Interbase 4.0?

I whish to thank you guys, for replying :-)

However, my troubles are with version NI-V4.0A(4) running on NT 4.0
and using TCP/IP. I do massive inserts, as I'm upgrading an 80Mb
database from Access, and the utilities to validate, backup and so on,
when the database is bigger than more or less 32M start driving the
server's processor to 100% and stay that way for ever...

There are also other small oddities, like not being able to insert
more than 512 characters in a varchar(1000) field...

I just would like to be sure this is something related to OS
incompatibilities... I think I'm going to try it on NT 3.51...

Thanks anyway!

Cheers,

Nuno Leal

----