Megido dead?

What happend to the MEGIDO project, developing a Delphi clone using
the Free Pascal Compiler?

___
The Delphi Compendium
http://www.{*word*104}-matrix.com/delphi.htm

Re:Megido dead?

Seems dead. Megido had one big miss from the start: it had to be the full
port of Sybil (not well designed and unstable) Delphi clone for OS/2 and
Win32.
The "leaders" had no idea what were they going into and FreePascal was in
heavy development phase (some essential features for project were missing).
After some heavy discussions and showed ignorance and arrogance, I predicted
short life to the project and left. The project died few months later (at
least the site and the archive) and some moved to Lazarus project.
http://www.pcpros.net/~vbman/
Somewhat better designed and managed, but has lack of volunteers, so
development is slow.

--
----------------------
Regards

Michael Fullerton wrote in message

<39ec748e.87936...@newsgroups.borland.com>...
>What happend to the MEGIDO project, developing a Delphi clone using
>the Free Pascal Compiler?

>___
>The Delphi Compendium
>http://www.{*word*104}-matrix.com/delphi.htm

Re:Megido dead?

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:36:39 +0200, "Robert Cerny"

<robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote:
>least the site and the archive) and some moved to Lazarus project.
>http://www.pcpros.net/~vbman/
>Somewhat better designed and managed, but has lack of volunteers, so
>development is slow.

Current link is:

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/

Other Threads