Listview + Checkboxes + SubitemImages => Bug in comctrls.pas

Hi,

simple task: I want to have checkboxes _and_ subitemimages in a TListview
(Viewstyle vsReport). Apparently this is not possible, at least not with
the D5 version of TListview. The following snippet comes from comctrls.pas:

procedure TCustomListView.ResetExStyles;
var
  Styles: DWORD;
    Styles := LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES or LVS_EX_INFOTIP;
(*) if FCheckboxes then Styles := LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES;
    if FGridLines then Styles := Styles or LVS_EX_GRIDLINES;
    if FHotTrack then Styles := Styles or LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT;

The (*) line is line number 12195 and IMO it should rather be:

    if FCheckboxes then Styles := Styles or LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES;

Since ResetExStyle is in the private section I cannot change or override it
in a TListview descendant. Any other sensible possibilities?

Thanks for your comments...

Werner Lehmann