dbexpmysql.dll gets loaded also when dbexpmysql.dcu is linked static

Hello all,

according to the OH the dbexpress driver is _either_ a dynamic linked
DLL _or_ a static linked DCU. I tried to link static both midaslib.dcu
and dbexpmysql.dcu. As a result, the midas.dll seems indeed not to be
loaded any more, but the dbexpmysql.dll still gets loaded. Can anyone
tell me, why, or what can be done to avoid this?

One more question: in the meantime, is there a way to change the
default port of mysql connections? I found some old postings which
addressed the same topic (in D6), but it seems even in D7 this problem
is not solved. Am I right?

Thanks, Michael