Trigger for EEG over LPT1

hi!

My task is to send a trigger to an EEG-Machine over LPT1.
The EEG Machine accepts inputs on DO-D4 channel of LPT1. The signal must
be 10-20ms valid, that the EEG-Machine will accept, because of the high
resolution (256Hz) of the EEG-Machine.
How can I send such a signal over LPT1?

Any advice is welcome.

ernst

Re:Trigger for EEG over LPT1

Just program the lpt port directly --> PORT[$378] := bytevalue; --> this
sets the D0-D7 Pins from the
LPT.
$378 = LPT1 (normally)
$278 = LPT2 (normally)

Ernst Trenker schrieb in Nachricht <362E217E.7...@univie.ac.at>...

>hi!

>My task is to send a trigger to an EEG-Machine over LPT1.
>The EEG Machine accepts inputs on DO-D4 channel of LPT1. The signal must
>be 10-20ms valid, that the EEG-Machine will accept, because of the high
>resolution (256Hz) of the EEG-Machine.
>How can I send such a signal over LPT1?

>Any advice is welcome.

>ernst

Re:Trigger for EEG over LPT1

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:17:23 +0200, "Tobias" <to...@mayn.de> wrote:
>Just program the lpt port directly --> PORT[$378] := bytevalue; --> this
>sets the D0-D7 Pins from the
>LPT.
>$378 = LPT1 (normally)
>$278 = LPT2 (normally)

It might be an idea to get the current port assignment for LPT1 by
reading the BIOS data area. The following may be useful.

40:00   word    COM1 port address
40:02   word    COM2 port address
40:04   word    COM3 port address
40:06   word    COM4 port address
40:08   word    LPT1 port address
40:0A   word    LPT2 port address
40:0C   word    LPT3 port address
40:0E   word    LPT4 port address (except PS/2)

Bill.

Other Threads