Delphi and DXF Files

Does anyone know of a tool available that can display
DXF files within a Delphi application?  I don't need
to modify the files (although that might be nice) but
do need at least a viewer...

Thanks in advance...

[[ Please email responses... ]]

Re:Delphi and DXF Files

Andrew Hollands wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool available that can display
> DXF files within a Delphi application?  I don't need
> to modify the files (although that might be nice) but
> do need at least a viewer...

> Thanks in advance...

> [[ Please email responses... ]]

emailed and replied...

I've written some code for reading and displaying DXF files. I'm not
allowed to distribute the whole program since it is used by us for
generating 3D cityscapes and raytracing models, but the DXF reading code
is very simple and the viewer quite useful. I do not have much spare
time to trim it down and make a component out of it, but if you cannot
get hold of a DXF component from anywhere, then as a last resort I could
give you a trimmed down app that would do some very basic DXF
manipulation.

I am only interested in PolyLines and Vertices. the AutoCad 13, version
of DXF files has a great many entities that I don't bother reading,
because I'm not given any data with them in. It is fairly
straightforward to add your own entity readers.

If you or anyone else would like some DXF code then I may be able to
help.

Incidentally ... are there enought people interested in a Delphi DXF
reader to make it worth my while doing a really flash one ?

John B

Re:Delphi and DXF Files

Lord of Darkness <J.Biddisco...@rl.ac.uk> wrote in article
<3253C025.6...@rl.ac.uk>...

> Andrew Hollands wrote:

> If you or anyone else would like some DXF code then I may be able to
> help.

> Incidentally ... are there enought people interested in a Delphi DXF
> reader to make it worth my while doing a really flash one ?

> John B

I`ve made a dxf-reader that take care of lines, arcs and circles.  I`ve
might use a better one.
So if you`re gonna help anyone else, I would be glad if posted the the same
stuff to me.

Thanks

Re:Delphi and DXF Files

On Wed, 02 Oct 1996 21:55:52 -0700, Andrew Hollands <andr...@cnw.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a tool available that can display
>DXF files within a Delphi application?  I don't need
>to modify the files (although that might be nice) but
>do need at least a viewer...

Try DbCAD dev by ABACO.
http://www.mynet.it/abaco
--