ibdataset.delete does not delete

I am trying to delete a record from ibdataset and here is what I am doing:

Move to a record in dbgrid.
Click a button with following code:
ibdataset1.delete;
ibTransaction1.commit;

ibTransaction1 is set read committed.

Everything looks OK- dbgrid does not show the data any longer.
BUT:
when I restart the application the data is still there !

Any comments ?
Thanks
Hans

Re:ibdataset.delete does not delete

You need to give more than that.  I use TIBDataset and delete all the time
without problems.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.

Re:ibdataset.delete does not delete

Well, I tried to put an example together with employee.gdb and it worked
over there. I decided to rebuild my ibdataset and now it works there too !!
Never mind - there always seem to be some dark corners in software
development :)
Thanks anyway
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message
> You need to give more than that.  I use TIBDataset and delete all the time
> without problems.

> Hans Tapron wrote:

> > I am trying to delete a record from ibdataset and here is what I am
doing:

> > Move to a record in dbgrid.
> > Click a button with following code:
> > ibdataset1.delete;
> > ibTransaction1.commit;

> > ibTransaction1 is set read committed.

> > Everything looks OK- dbgrid does not show the data any longer.
> > BUT:
> > when I restart the application the data is still there !

> > Any comments ?
> > Thanks
> > Hans

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.
> Maybe you were always beyond my reach and my heart was playing safe.
> But was that love in your eye I saw or the reflection of mine?
> Give me time, won't you give me that time!
> Welcome back to the circus.            (Fish)

Re:ibdataset.delete does not delete

That's ok.  Not certain if I like those types of situations either.  Tough to
tell what was wrong and there could be an underlying problem somewhere, but in
this case I do doubt it.  Glad things are working again for you.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.
Maybe you were always beyond my reach and my heart was playing safe.
But was that love in your eye I saw or the reflection of mine?
Give me time, won't you give me that time!
Welcome back to the circus.            (Fish)

Re:ibdataset.delete does not delete

I would be happy to tell what went wrong but I can't find the problem.
What I can't get over is how the record is removed from dbgrid on delete and
is still existing in the database.
Also, the delete Queries look exactly the same to me !

?????

> That's ok.  Not certain if I like those types of situations either.  Tough
> tell what was wrong and there could be an underlying problem somewhere,
but in
> this case I do doubt it.  Glad things are working again for you.

> Hans Tapron wrote:

> > Well, I tried to put an example together with employee.gdb and it worked
> > over there. I decided to rebuild my ibdataset and now it works there too
!!
> > Never mind - there always seem to be some dark corners in software
> > development :)
> > Thanks anyway

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.
> Maybe you were always beyond my reach and my heart was playing safe.
> But was that love in your eye I saw or the reflection of mine?
> Give me time, won't you give me that time!
> Welcome back to the circus.            (Fish)

Other Threads