Cached updates mode

I am sorry for this newbie question ... but explain me pls:

When i use cached updates mode with TIBTable or TIBDataset after i open
dataset data, returned from server, stores into dataset memory cache. Now
all data what i want to use is located in my workstation`s memory and i
don`t need neither active transaction no even active database connection.
Thus, i can commit TIBTable.Transaction and continue work with cache buffer.
Later, i have to activate transaction, apply updates made by user and commit
transaction. But in real, when i try to commit TIBTable.Transaction,
TIBTable closes, and whis is not depends on CachedUpdates property state. Is
it right ?

Re:Cached updates mode

anubis wrote:
> transaction. But in real, when i try to commit TIBTable.Transaction,
> TIBTable closes, and whis is not depends on CachedUpdates property state. Is
> it right ?

        That's right.  If you want the first functionality, you can use a
TClientDataset instead of Cached Updates:

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Re:Cached updates mode

Thank you for help.

"Craig Stuntz (TeamB)" <cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> ???????/????????
? ???????? ?????????: news:3BB336DC.B562C4EB@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com...

> anubis wrote:

> > transaction. But in real, when i try to commit TIBTable.Transaction,
> > TIBTable closes, and whis is not depends on CachedUpdates property
state. Is
> > it right ?

> That's right.  If you want the first functionality, you can use a
> TClientDataset instead of Cached Updates:

> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27653,00.html

> -Craig

> --
>  Craig Stuntz (TeamB) Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH
> We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd
>      Delphi/InterBase WebLog: http://delphi.weblogs.com

Other Threads