BDE error Invalid File name N. 9987

When this error occurs I can't close my application, I have to use Ctrl+canc
to shut it down. I use paradox with BDE.
Situation:
I have my dbs on a shared server directory. I unshered the derictory while I
am using my application, then try to post a record and the exception above
is raised. I want to wrap the exception so that the user can close the
application,but even though I have wrapped it, my application hungs. and
that happens when I try to destroy either the datamodule  or closing the
dbs. I think is it depens on bde and I don't how how to tell it to hung the
connection.
Any suggestions?
thanks

--