newbie : replace active := false active := true

hi

I have two adotables with master/detail relation.
I change data in both, master and/or detail table
with append and post.
Then I display the data as a tree.
If I rebuild the tree i first have to set
set active := false and then active := true
to see the change.
If is do refresh for example nothing happens.

What can I use instead of setting active false/true?

thanks in advance
wolf

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

Check out the Requery method of TCustomADODataset. Or just select your
ADOTable, hit F1, then click the Methods link and read up on this method. It
points out that one method is better than the other. From that you should
decide which is better.

"Wolfgang Lechner" <thebigbadw...@gmx.at> wrote in message

> hi

> I have two adotables with master/detail relation.
> I change data in both, master and/or detail table
> with append and post.
> Then I display the data as a tree.
> If I rebuild the tree i first have to set
> set active := false and then active := true
> to see the change.
> If is do refresh for example nothing happens.

> What can I use instead of setting active false/true?

> thanks in advance
> wolf

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

I have a Table with 32000 Entries in a MySql Database
over a network.
If I deactive and activate my table it needs 5sec.
If I use requery 4,7sec.
both are not acceptable.

Should I use an other database another connection
RDS, is mysql - ado nonsense?

Im new to db over network, so every little
help is usefull for me
thanks in advance
wolf

"Brian Hollister" <bhollisterATfuturaintlDOTcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Check out the Requery method of TCustomADODataset. Or just select your
> ADOTable, hit F1, then click the Methods link and read up on this method.
It
> points out that one method is better than the other. From that you should
> decide which is better.

> "Wolfgang Lechner" <thebigbadw...@gmx.at> wrote in message
> > hi

> > I have two adotables with master/detail relation.
> > I change data in both, master and/or detail table
> > with append and post.
> > Then I display the data as a tree.
> > If I rebuild the tree i first have to set
> > set active := false and then active := true
> > to see the change.
> > If is do refresh for example nothing happens.

> > What can I use instead of setting active false/true?

> > thanks in advance
> > wolf

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

Wolfgang,

Sorry i cannot help anymore. I am new to this stuff as well. The best bit of
info i can give you is to just try other combinations. If you do the testing
please post the results and share with others.

sorry,

brian

> I have a Table with 32000 Entries in a MySql Database
> over a network.
> If I deactive and activate my table it needs 5sec.
> If I use requery 4,7sec.
> both are not acceptable.

> Should I use an other database another connection
> RDS, is mysql - ado nonsense?

> Im new to db over network, so every little
> help is usefull for me
> thanks in advance
> wolf

> "Brian Hollister" <bhollisterATfuturaintlDOTcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Check out the Requery method of TCustomADODataset. Or just select your
> > ADOTable, hit F1, then click the Methods link and read up on this
method.
> It
> > points out that one method is better than the other. From that you
should
> > decide which is better.

> > "Wolfgang Lechner" <thebigbadw...@gmx.at> wrote in message
> > > hi

> > > I have two adotables with master/detail relation.
> > > I change data in both, master and/or detail table
> > > with append and post.
> > > Then I display the data as a tree.
> > > If I rebuild the tree i first have to set
> > > set active := false and then active := true
> > > to see the change.
> > > If is do refresh for example nothing happens.

> > > What can I use instead of setting active false/true?

> > > thanks in advance
> > > wolf

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

>I have a Table with 32000 Entries in a MySql Database
>over a network.
>If I deactive and activate my table it needs 5sec.
>If I use requery 4,7sec.
>both are not acceptable.

Try disableControls on the dataset before you Requery and enablecontrols after
Requery.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

> Still bussy with VirtualtreeView ... <G>

Yes, now I try it myself (not using VTdbEx)
was easier than I thought.

> If you know what records (prim.Key?) are change you could try to
> requery only the change records?

Thats exactly what (I think) I need. How can I do this?

I post a new entries with append - fieldbyname -... - post.
If I then rebuild my (VT)-tree the adotable is not updated.
How can I requery this inserted record?

wolf

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

thanks, but....
I changed to a direct access library today,
and all my problems are gone :-)

Wolfgang Lechner wrote:
> I changed to a direct access library today,

Just curious, but what library are you using?
--
Greetings,  Frits.

posted with XanaNews 1.13.2.6

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

zeos with mysql-direct-library (Christian Nicloa)
really really great stuff

"Frits." <VirtualDataT...@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Wolfgang Lechner wrote:

> > I changed to a direct access library today,

> Just curious, but what library are you using?
> --
> Greetings,  Frits.

> posted with XanaNews 1.13.2.6

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

> zeos with mysql-direct-library (Christian Nicloa)

Christian Nicola of course

Re:newbie : replace active := false active := true

> zeos with mysql-direct-library (Christian Nicola)

I will look into that,
thx

--
Greetings,  Frits.