D5 C1141 internal error

Hello,

I'm moving an old D3 project to D5 (the customer has just emitted some
extension requirements) and got a compiler error C1141 when compiling while
optimisation is checked. If optimisation is unchecked, all compiles fine.

Where can I find information of the meaning of these error code ? I've
browsed through the online doc but have not found any help.

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards

Eric Pascual
ANALIS S.A.

Re:D5 C1141 internal error

Eric:

First, don't cross post.

Did you try a build-all? Normally this will take care of it. If not, I did find
one case where compiler settings produced a bug. I got it down to 3 lines of
code, and submitted it as a but to Borland.

Ed Dressel

Eric Pascual wrote:
> Hello,

> I'm moving an old D3 project to D5 (the customer has just emitted some
> extension requirements) and got a compiler error C1141 when compiling while
> optimisation is checked. If optimisation is unchecked, all compiles fine.

> Where can I find information of the meaning of these error code ? I've
> browsed through the online doc but have not found any help.

> Thanks a lot in advance

> Regards

> Eric Pascual
> ANALIS S.A.

Re:D5 C1141 internal error

Ed,

> First, don't cross post.

I only cross-posted in IDE and ObjectPascal groups, since I wasn't sure
which would be the appropriate one for internal errors. BTW, I'm a regular
user of these NGs (and NGs in general), and you must have noticed that I
never cross-post, apart from very casual situations. So please, don't be so
quick to blame.

Okay, enough said on the subject, and back to the real problem now :-)

> Did you try a build-all?

Of course I did. Removal of all DCUs and such big cleanup too. To add an
information, I have noticed that letting optimisation on works if I remove
the limit checking option.

> I got it down to 3 lines of
> code, and submitted it as a but to Borland.

I agree with the procedure, but the application is 50 klocs big, and before
spending a lot of time extracting the minimal code that creates the error, I
was looking for some clue about the meaning of the C1141 error code. This
was my question in fact.

Regards
Eric

Re:D5 C1141 internal error

Eric Pascual wrote:
> Ed,

> > First, don't cross post.

> I only cross-posted in IDE and ObjectPascal groups, since I wasn't sure
> which would be the appropriate one for internal errors. BTW, I'm a regular
> user of these NGs (and NGs in general), and you must have noticed that I
> never cross-post, apart from very casual situations. So please, don't be so
> quick to blame.

> Okay, enough said on the subject, and back to the real problem now :-)

> > Did you try a build-all?

> Of course I did. Removal of all DCUs and such big cleanup too. To add an
> information, I have noticed that letting optimisation on works if I remove
> the limit checking option.

> > I got it down to 3 lines of
> > code, and submitted it as a but to Borland.

> I agree with the procedure, but the application is 50 klocs big, and before
> spending a lot of time extracting the minimal code that creates the error, I
> was looking for some clue about the meaning of the C1141 error code. This
> was my question in fact.

> Regards
> Eric

With Delphi 5 I got an internal error C3517 and sometimes the C1141 if the
optimization was checked. It found out that this might have something to do
with Int64 types, for example, this small (nonsense) code gives Internal
error C3517 if the optimization is checked:

var
 A : Integer;
begin
 if Int64(Int64(A))=0 then Showmessage('Internal error C3517');
end;

So check the parts where you have used Int64 types.

Jouni

PS. Sorry for posting this message first to borland.public.delphi.ide.

Re:D5 C1141 internal error

Thanks Jouni for your suggestion.

Unfortunatly, it happens that I don't use Int64 at all, since the
application was written with a version of Delphi that did not support them.
As I explained in my previous post, I guess there is a relation with
optimisation AND runtime checkings. The error disappears if I disable range
and index checkings, even if optimisation is left active. The error
disappears also if I disable optimisation, whichever setting is used for
runtime checking.

BTW (this question is mainly asked to Borland tech support), is there any
source of information that would give some clues about these internal error
code. I suppose that C1141 means something specific in terms of compiler
area or similar. This kind of information could allow me to isolate what is
generating the error.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards
Eric