Speed issues with D4 and MS Access 97

I have an existing D3 app. that uses MS Access 97 tables. It has been
working acceptibly for the last year. While I was adding a couple of changes
to the app. I thought I would move it to D4 (SR-3). Suddenly the app. has
become unbelievably slow. It takes 5-10 seconds to scroll from one record to
the next (the D3 version would take a half sec.)

I am using D3 v 3.02, BDE 5.01 and I converted to D4 v 4.03, BDE 5.01.

Any thoughts. I would like to migrate all my old D3 apps. to D4.

BTW, there is no slowdown on apps that do not use MS Access (dbIsam for
example).

Anthony Taylor

Re:Speed issues with D4 and MS Access 97

If I remember correctly this is a BDE "feature".

I recommend getting rid of the BDE, and use very fast BDE less Components:

see: www.gm-software.de

Your Application will perform serveral times faster on all Operations with
those Components, Promised!

(it's me who did them ...)

Re:Speed issues with D4 and MS Access 97

Thanks for the advice.

I understand that using the BDE is not the quickest solution. However, at
the time, it was acceptible to get the project started. I plan an overhaul
with D5.

What I do not understand is the speed difference between D3 and D4. I would
like to move to D4 to standardize all my development.

Thanks for the help.

Anthony

Gerrit Moeller <gmoel...@mdata.de> wrote in message

> If I remember correctly this is a BDE "feature".

> I recommend getting rid of the BDE, and use very fast BDE less Components:

> see: www.gm-software.de

> Your Application will perform serveral times faster on all Operations with
> those Components, Promised!

> (it's me who did them ...)

Re:Speed issues with D4 and MS Access 97

> What I do not understand is the speed difference between D3 and D4. I
would
> like to move to D4 to standardize all my development.

Yes, agreed. This was posted before, and if I remember correctly there was a
soloution. So Let's wait to see if somebody else knows it ...

Other Threads