URGENT : European EURO symbol in Paradoc Tables

Could anybody tell me how to store the EURO symbol [Alt Gr + E] in a paradox
table.
I've tryed several tables languages without result.

Thank you,

Thierry

Re:URGENT : European EURO symbol in Paradoc Tables

Thierry Turquin <Thierry.Turq...@Wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

> Could anybody tell me how to store the EURO symbol [Alt Gr + E] in a
paradox
> table.
> I've tryed several tables languages without result.

> Thank you,

> Thierry

How about you can't.
Paradox 7.0 tables are just too old to support this kind of thing.
Heck i can't even get it to eat 4 numbers for a year in a date field too.
It just refueses to store it any other way then with 2 numbers for the year.
Oh, you can format it on the screen etc. But physically stored in the table
are just 2 numbers. That's why i have long since stopped using date fields
to store a date. I just use a string field for that, works verry good, and
with a CAST statement in sql i can still use it as a date.
You give a keyboard sequence for storing a symbol in a table.
You should know that this will not work with how windows handles things.
Every brand keyboard will have the Euro sign at a different place, although
i thought the most accepted place to have it is on the 5 key. Many
applications though do change it to their likings.
The Euro symbol is ALWAYS stored as a Virtual Code that is not in the range
of normal ASCII (#0-#255) characters.
And it also depends on if the font you use does contain the Euro character
at all.
Since the operating system and the programming tools we use are both
American, we're going to have to wait a long long time before it'll get
supported properly.

Regards,
Art.

Other Threads