Conflicting components: D7 & Crystal Reports

When importing the type library CRAXDDRT9.DLL for Crystal Reports 9
Developers Edition into Delphi 7 Enterprise, it wants to install
component TDatabase, which is already a native Delphi component (on the
BDE tab). Therefore Delphi gives an error message and won't install the
new components.

It appears it is possible to tweak the name of the CR9 component to
something else (e.g. TCRDatabase) in the "Class Names" list of the
"Import Type Library" dialog box and that this works, but I'm wondering
if this is the right way to deal with this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Dan

Re:Conflicting components: D7 & Crystal Reports

I had the same problem with CR9 and c++builder.
I just renamed the classes as Crystal's tech paper says.
The way you name crystal components is just the way you reference them
within your code so it should not make any difference if u call it
"TDatabase" or "TCRDatabase" and however i don't think there is another way
to handle this.
I renamed the classes to TCRDatabase and TCRReport and everything works
fine.
That's my opinion...
Bye
Fulvio

"Dan Ellingson" <delli...@altkie.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> When importing the type library CRAXDDRT9.DLL for Crystal Reports 9
> Developers Edition into Delphi 7 Enterprise, it wants to install
> component TDatabase, which is already a native Delphi component (on the
> BDE tab). Therefore Delphi gives an error message and won't install the
> new components.

> It appears it is possible to tweak the name of the CR9 component to
> something else (e.g. TCRDatabase) in the "Class Names" list of the
> "Import Type Library" dialog box and that this works, but I'm wondering
> if this is the right way to deal with this.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks.
> Dan

Other Threads