Adding menus/buttons to WORD & DDE/OLE

Hi,
        I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem: I have an app
that consists of a toolbar that communicates with MSWord using the virtually
non-existant DDE. How can I 'attach' the buttons onto a dockable toolbar in
Word ? How do you add menus to other programs (not necessarily Word) and when
the menu is clicked how do I write the code for that event ??

        Off the main question: My existing program uses DDE to insert macros
straight into a word document. I have heard DDE is {*word*99}. How do I use OLE to
do the same sort of thing ?

Could anyone who can help me, also mail to cex...@coventry.ac.uk ?
Many thanks in advance

Gurpal Singh Bhachu